Universal credit payment not received - maladminstration by the DWP says CAB

ugo2slo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My case is very confusing and I have been waiting 5 months for a decision on a mandatory reconsideration.

Hopefully someone can give me a clear answer so i can take it to the correct person to handle it.

On 10/4 I was put on UC while i was in receipt of SDP and PIP. 

This happened when my ESA stopped and i was moving to JSA.

The jobcentre said i had to go to UC so i lost my SDP.

3 weeks later i was told i was not eligibal for UC so go claim JSA.

Now a month had passed and once again i was told go on UC

i did 10/5 and asked that it be back dated a month.

21/5 after identity check i was able to take an advance of the total payment every month.

But a mistake in the rent put the new amount to almost double

on 22/5 i was given another advance as my assessment period was 10/5 - 10/6 with first payment on 17/6.

The change of circumstance gave me another advance on 29/5 for 50% of UC payment.

These were clearly advances within assessment period and before any UC Payment was made as the rules say. 

But...when back dating was accepted to 10/4 someone moved my payment date and amount from 17/6 to 17/5 and clearly wrote it in my journal.

I had used the advances to pay rent arrears for the past 2 months so first payment would help witb other bills and rent short fall.

But now the payment on 17/5 was never made instead they said it was paid by what were the advances because rules state no advance for new claim can be given once payment is made.

I had asked for MR on 28/5 stating they were advances and were my right to take.

False accounting cannot change what they were and since they have written i was paid my monthly UC on 17/5 , they have admitted that i am owed so it should be paid.

Can anyone help me with the answer please.

I really do need the payment as bills have caught up with me

• 5 weeks later...

Thread moved to the appropriate forum ...please continue to post here.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 months later...

This case has turned out to be what appears to be false accounting and a major cover up by UC.

As of 12/2/20  i was still waiting for the MR decision

when i asked about making a complaint, i found out that the MR was never submitted.

Five different case workers spoke to me trying to explain why the payment noted in my journal on 17/5/19 was legit and not false accounting or what i said may have been a payment made to someone else then using me to cover it up.

For that reason i am a victim of maladministrarion by dwp so have taken my case to CAB to look at fron the start as they say i have lost £460 a month since 4/19.

This link is to a DWP reply to an FOI request that was posted to Rightsnet.

It sets out the position on people who had SDP on ESA and have then started a UC claim.

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/?ACT=39&fid=39&aid=2091_zrDQc6aaiY7ks2ggt02l&board_id=1

Make sure the MR is started and also think about asking your MP to look into this matter.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for this. And the last time I complained to DWP it got me know where. Just as the police can't investigate the police...dwp would not undermine one of the own. 

So despite of them saying the complaints process has to be followed before going to ICE, do you think I should just write to my MP?? I just wonder if my case would even be seen as they must receive a lot of requests. 

Thank you

If you complain via your MP,  the response letter from DWP has to be signed by a director of DWP.  And they won't sign it, unless they are satisfied it is correct.

So you could follow the DWP complaints process, but send a copy to your MP.

When you complain you must be very clear about what you are not happy about.  Do not confuse them by writing a long saga about the confusing situation.  

Remember that the DWP complaints handler will have access to all of the information, so you do not need write a long letter.  Get to the point about what your complaint is about.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread