@WayfairUK problem - wrong delivery and refusing to respect consumer rights

David963
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I bought a dining room table and chairs from Wayfair, it clearly stated all dimensions, the day before delivery i got an email with a different sized table (smaller) on it, i phoned and queried it and was told that the operator had no idea why i was sent the email and the correct item had been send

Table duly arrived today and it is the smaller version, i have phoned their customer services and the guy tried to fob me off with various variations of a website error and i really should be getting the smaller item, perhaps they can refund me part of the price and then i can buy the bigger table for more money, i got quite angry but remained polite and told him quite clearly that i expected what i had paid for, it still shows the correct dimensions on my order on their website which he confirmed, his response was that he needed to speak to a manager and see what could be done, but kept going back to refunds and new orders etc, he also wanted to call me and was a little put off when i stated quite clearly that i wanted their response in writing

He has said that it will take up to 24hrs for him to get a response to me so will wait for that but though i would come onto CAG and ask for some info as to where i stand etc

Many thanks for any help

David

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

you ordered online

under CRA you don't need a reason for a full refund immediately within 14days

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

its your legal right.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

17 hours ago, dx100uk said:

you ordered online

under CRA you don't need a reason for a full refund immediately within 14days

it's actually the consumer contracts regulations http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/contents/made

I suppose you don't record your calls – read our customer services guide and implement the advice there.

Establish a paper trail so you must send them written notice immediately recorded delivery that they have delivered the wrong goods and so you are an rejecting them under your short-term right to reject Under the Consumer Rights Act and also in any event because it is an off premises contract, you are rejecting them within 14 days as entitled to do so by the consumer contracts regulations.

Get this off to them by email and confirm it in recorded delivery first class letter post. Tell them that you want the items collected within the next seven days.

Please could you tell us how far you're prepared to go on this if they continue to be uncooperative. Are you prepared to start a legal action?

• BankFodder changed the title to @WayfairUK problem - wrong delivery and refusing to respect consumer rights