Govia thameslink potential prosecution

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A brief description of my predicament:

On March 5 I was visiting home from uni and bought a ticket that required a railcard instead of a normal one by accident.

A ticket is inspector got on the train, I lied saying my mum had a railcard, and bought it for me:

to which she responded that I should give my address and I’d receive a letter to provide evidence of a rail card OR pay a fine of £20, I couldn’t pay because the card on me had no money on it.

gave my university address as she said I’d receive the letter within a week,

I received no such letter between that date 5 March and the end of my university tenancy (15 June). 

Luckily, I’m moving into the the same university address this week and my flat mate who arrived ahead of me opened my letter and sent it to me,

the letter is a ‘Single justice procedure notice’ sent on 17/07/19 and was given 21 days to reply

I had no idea of this letters existence because I haven’t been there all summer, the 21 days have past.

What do I do?

What does this mean?

I’ve tried calling but I don’t have a reference number,

the court is closed for the weekend so I can’t call.

I don’t have the letter in my possession and I won’t for Atleast for another week, what should I do. 

I’m panicking as the 21 day reply date has long past and I and urgently need advice 

moved to the public transport forum

lots to read here.

best thing you can do is get the ref number off the letter and ring TfL and tell them what has happened on Monday.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...