New policy of not refunding any charges

susanm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have just heard from someone who works for the Abbey that there new policy is that no charges are to be reversed under any curcumstances.

Must have been written down in a memo - any chance of seeing a copy??

Have just heard from someone who works for the Abbey that there new policy is that no charges are to be reversed under any curcumstances.

Must have been written down in a memo - any chance of seeing a copy??

I was always surprised that Abbey seemed willing to settle. They are normally so pig-headed and arrogant (as well as mind numbingly incompetent) that their attitude surprised me. Whilst they owe me a lot of money they were some way down my target list. They've now moved up a couple of places.

I was always surprised that Abbey seemed willing to settle. They are normally so pig-headed and arrogant (as well as mind numbingly incompetent) that their attitude surprised me. Whilst they owe me a lot of money they were some way down my target list. They've now moved up a couple of places.

This may explain their telephone call to me then first acknowledging that I have raised court action on line agreeing to refund the charges and then telling me that they will terminate the contract and expect me to pay up. They promised me a letter setting out the above, to date not received it and their time will soon be up - nervous but unbowed. They told me that if I didn't accept the above "offer"! I would look unreasonable in court! Miss Muppet

This may explain their telephone call to me then first acknowledging that I have raised court action on line agreeing to refund the charges and then telling me that they will terminate the contract and expect me to pay up. They promised me a letter setting out the above, to date not received it and their time will soon be up - nervous but unbowed. They told me that if I didn't accept the above "offer"! I would look unreasonable in court! Miss Muppet

I don't believe you could call it an offer to settle as if forced in court to pay Abbey would terminate the contract and presumably sell this debt to a loan shark unethical collection agency,man with a large dog? The position would seem to be

1) They are aware that their charges are punitive,unreasonable and possibly illegal and they may have to return them but feel that threatening their customers will avoid the necessity of refunding these charges.

2) They will frighten me so that I withdraw my legal action and Abbey will pay nothing.

Therefore considering the above I am proceeding with the court action as I have no other option. To date 22/2/06 I have not received their letter which they informed me would be setting out the above terms. Fairly obviously I consider their behavious disgusting particularly since they are aware that the reason I got behind with payments was serious ill health and I would also say how could a debt collection agency be worse than they are!

I don't believe you could call it an offer to settle as if forced in court to pay Abbey would terminate the contract and presumably sell this debt to a loan shark unethical collection agency,man with a large dog? The position would seem to be

1) They are aware that their charges are punitive,unreasonable and possibly illegal and they may have to return them but feel that threatening their customers will avoid the necessity of refunding these charges.

2) They will frighten me so that I withdraw my legal action and Abbey will pay nothing.

Therefore considering the above I am proceeding with the court action as I have no other option. To date 22/2/06 I have not received their letter which they informed me would be setting out the above terms. Fairly obviously I consider their behavious disgusting particularly since they are aware that the reason I got behind with payments was serious ill health and I would also say how could a debt collection agency be worse than they are!

No its not an overdraft it is the balance outstanding on the credit card which due to my illness I had been unable to pay or reduce as quite substantial penalties have devoured any money that I have been able to repay. As you will appreciate 17 penalties applied since February 05 whilst my payment of around £100 a month were wiped out by penalties and interest charges despite my financial difficulties due to illness. Even though I twice appealed for refund of the penalties, only £100 was credited out of "goodwill" and full interest charged on the outstanding balance charged at 21%appprox. I sent a last letter giving them the chance to refund the balance of the penalties and then received a statement showing a further two penalties. I had naively perhaps not expected this reaction as I had battled Sainsbury's Visa on the same charges and although things were a little unpleasant for a while they capitulated, refunded all £200 penalties and suspended the interest and I am now back paying them regularly, last two payments being £108 and £180 which has reduced the credit card balance. I have always been a good paying customer of Abbey's credit card which is why I feel this is even more unjust. You are right they are demanding with menaces and the threat is that the credit card agreement will be terminated and the whole balance £3,000 demanded at once. Having come this far I feel I have no option but to continue even though it will probably mean the loss of my previously good credit rating.

No its not an overdraft it is the balance outstanding on the credit card which due to my illness I had been unable to pay or reduce as quite substantial penalties have devoured any money that I have been able to repay. As you will appreciate 17 penalties applied since February 05 whilst my payment of around £100 a month were wiped out by penalties and interest charges despite my financial difficulties due to illness. Even though I twice appealed for refund of the penalties, only £100 was credited out of "goodwill" and full interest charged on the outstanding balance charged at 21%appprox. I sent a last letter giving them the chance to refund the balance of the penalties and then received a statement showing a further two penalties. I had naively perhaps not expected this reaction as I had battled Sainsbury's Visa on the same charges and although things were a little unpleasant for a while they capitulated, refunded all £200 penalties and suspended the interest and I am now back paying them regularly, last two payments being £108 and £180 which has reduced the credit card balance. I have always been a good paying customer of Abbey's credit card which is why I feel this is even more unjust. You are right they are demanding with menaces and the threat is that the credit card agreement will be terminated and the whole balance £3,000 demanded at once. Having come this far I feel I have no option but to continue even though it will probably mean the loss of my previously good credit rating.

I'm going to lock this thread as it has departed from the topic title completely. It makes it difficult for other - especially newcomers to follow.

let's start new threads which deal with their topic title. :)

I'm going to lock this thread as it has departed from the topic title completely. It makes it difficult for other - especially newcomers to follow.

let's start new threads which deal with their topic title. :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks