Drink driving

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I wonder if anyone can help me

my partner has been banned in 2016 for drink driving & he's been caught a few week ago again drink driving but in his fathers car that he wasn't insured for he's at court on the25th of June, but also he's had a few fines and points for speeding 

Could anyone give me info of what he will be looking at 

Hello and welcome to CAG. I've edited a couple of paragraphs into your post to make it a bit easier to read.

I think it might help the advisors here if you could give us a timeline of what offences your partner has been prosecuted for and what happened please.

Did he get his licence back after 2016 and has he lost it again since?

We're not here to judge, just to advise on what to say and what could happen.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I'm afraid that he could be looking at suspended sentence.

I'm not sure what else to say. He better be extremely contrite. He has a drink problem then he probably ought to explain it to the court and it will be a good idea if he started searching around for help with that kind of problem right now so that he can explain to the court that he is aware of his problem and he has had such an awakening as a result of this new problem that he is now seeking help. If he does have an alcohol problem then I suggest he gets to his his doctor and gets a report.

On the 30th March 2015 he was convicted of DR10 Banned for 18 months & fined £328.00  & got licence back in 2017 but that stays on his licences for a while.

5th March he was caught SP30 WITH 3 penalty points and fined £100

Then he got another sp30 with he hasn't sent back or anything 

Thank you for the extra information.

We need an expert like Man in the Middle to turn up because of the detail in what you're saying.

I'm not sure how many points your partner already has and of course being uninsured plus drink driving is a big problem.

As Bankfodder says, your partner needs medical advice apart from what we can offer.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Was that in breath (where the limit is 35) or blood (where the limit is 80)?

It wouldn't have been in urine because the limit is 107.

The intervening speeding offences will make precious little difference. The "signature" sentence (i.e. whether a fine, community order or custody) depends very much on the level of alcohol recorded. It's impossible to give a view without that. One thing is certain - he will be banned for a minimum of three years because he has a second alcohol-related offence within ten years.

• Thanks 1

That level does not cross the custody threshold (that is 120 in breath). Obviously a second offence aggravates the matter but the likely disposal is a hefty community order. The disqualification period, as I said, must be at least three years and I would not be surprised to see it set at a little more than that, especially as the matter is aggravated by him being uninsured.

• Thanks 1

I forgot to add that your partner is now considered by the DVLA to be a "High Risk Offender". This is for two reasons: (1) Because he recorded a reading (in breath) of more than 87.5 and (2) he has committed a second offence within ten years. This means that when he applies for a new licence at the end of his disqualification period he will have to undergo a "fitness to drive" assessment which may include an examination by a DVLA doctor.