Garage have had car for a month - promised week max - looking dodgy

paulfoel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Reason for claim:

Car was booked in to Mr Thomas' garage several weeks in advance. At the time, a discussion was held as to how the vehicle would be transported to Mr Thomas' premises. Mr Thomas advised me that collecting the car would be no problem. At the time the car was booked in, no mention was made of a "Recovery charge" to collect the vehicle. I would argue that it would have been fair for Mr Thomas to make this clear at the time. The charge made of £100 is much more than the going rate. Again, I would argue that it would have been fair for Mr Thomas to make it clear at the time that collection of the vehicle would be at a premium cost.

Timeline

Date What happened
march Booked car into garage and discussed collection.
2nd April Car collected. Work begins on car.
5th April After deciding not to go ahead with the work, presented with invoice which includes £100 "Recovery Charge".

Evidence

Type Description
Letters, emails and other correspondence Facebook chat log. (Mr Thomas advised that car could be brought in on his trailer so its not an issue. No mention of charge).
Receipts Invoice plus chat logs indicating that "Recovery Charge" is £100.

is correct thread

Thank you.

Now to clean up the thread, please would you list which number posts don't belong here and I'll split them off.

Also you mentioned a small claim and I asked you twice to post up the claim form but you haven't addressed this

I'm sorry but this is becoming unnecessarily difficult. You have referred me to post number 18 but on my screen that seems to be a post which has been written by somebody else. I would like you to post your claim form if you have issued a claim. Please don't refer me to some other post. I'd like to understand the whole story so I can then give you a competent advice.

Frankly this is becoming so complicated that I think the best thing to do will be to close this thread and for you to begin another thread. Please then start telling the story carefully in full detail in a bullet pointed chronology.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks