Publishing Personal Details of JR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a Judicial Review a few years ago. I just noticed now the solicitors who did the work have published this on their website under 'cases of interest' to publicise work of particular solicitor. I has my full name on and full content of judicial review which was about access to mental treatment and community care and my medical conditions so is sensitive. Frankly I feel embarrassed and ashamed. It has turned out it has identified me to some people I didn't want to know.

Are they allowed to do this? They had mentioned other cases but they had not identified them or used initials. It seems these cases may have been juveniles or court had ordered they not be notified. I am horrified they have my full name and details on there and that I have been identified. I cannot contact solicitors in question as things ended acrimoniously with the way the handled my case and I had to go to legal ombudsman.

http://www.sra.org.uk/content_codeconduct.aspx?id=1548

4.01 Duty of confidentiality

You and your firm must keep the affairs of clients and former clients confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law or by your client (or former client).

https://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/code-of-conduct/guidance/guidance/Disclosure-of-client-confidential-information.page

All firms, regardless of client or area of law, will also need to provide information about their complaints procedure, including how to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman and to the SRA.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy

I don't know if they are allowed to do this in the case of publishing the findings of a judicial review.

Is this allowed to be published.

I am concerned they have published the judicial review in full on their website with my full name.

I am concerned they didn't even change my name or use initals or something which they seem to do with other cases they have published.

I am grateful for your reply as I have no knowledge of these of these things and it has caused me stress due to mental health problems and being identified. 

For clarification, these solicitors were acting for you in the JR? 

Did the court order any confidentiality?

Has the case been published elsewhere? http://www.bailii.org/ for example?  If you do an internet search with the full citation that should bring it up if it has been published. If it has been published elsewhere does the published version include your full name and address?

Edited by Ethel Street