Really need help Please

freezingwarm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i came across this site form moneysavingexpert.com

HSBC have just charged me £60 for unpaid direct debit in my account... although the debits were taken and then reversed. The £60 still leaves me Overdrawn on my overdraft, which is why in the first place they never allowed my original direct debits. A day after seeing the charges i asked a friend to put a cheque into that account..he did so before 3pm that day (so it should count as a working day).. but HSBC took one extra day because of apprant "Security checks" Oh and i also get chraged interest if i go over a few pounds of my overdraft.

Do i have a claim here?

Should they have charged me £60? Shall i send them a letter as in the libuary? and what is the address to write to hsbc for this?

Thank you all for you help..jus need some advice.:confused:

Hello and welcome.

Take your time to look around the forums. A good place to start is the FAQ's:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

It will take approximately 2 days to have a good read around the site and to familarise yourself with some current and concluded cases.

If you still have questions after reading that section then please come and ask...

Freezingwarm,

ya, you really need to have a read around the site and I think you will be enlightened..

If you are after a quick-fix solution then think again.. re: you £60 charge - reading the forums will make it clear to you that the charge is indeed unlawful and can be recovered..

If you want some snappy advice..

1. HSBC can and have charged you for the direct debits cos it's in your terms and conditions even though we believe them to be unlawful..

2. yep you are overdrawn still

3. yep you will continue to pay interest

4. dunno about the cheque your mate put in.. it seems irrelevant..

5. ring the bank, query the charge, ask for a refund.

5. if you don't get the response you want (i.e £60) then follow the processes (refer to the links by Overdrawn in his posting above)..

Good luck!

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

apologies to Ms Overdrawn these names really are so asexual and hermaphroditic!!

By the way how can I change my pen name.. cos I don't want my bank or anyone else googling me and reading these threads - can a moderator help?

cheers,

Ed (male...)

MOD: PM Dave or Bankfodder asking them to change it, giving them your new choice. If you have questions about this, pls post in your own thread?

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

apologies to Ms Overdrawn these names really are so asexual and hermaphroditic!!

By the way how can I change my pen name.. cos I don't want my bank or anyone else googling me and reading these threads - can a moderator help?

cheers,

Ed (male...)

I imagine if you pm BF or Dave they probably wouldn't mind changing it considering the nature of this forum and that generally people don't want to be identified...

Bovvered (girly)

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks