ESA in support group for years

henryallen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received my renewal form for ESA. I have been in the support group from the start. Originally claim was based on my depression and severe anxiety. I cannot remember how long since my last assessment but it must be over 5 years+. Since that time my physical health as gone down and I now have emphysema/COPD and severe osteoarthritis.

I had one face to face at the beginning and it as all been paper based since then.

I have made a "right of access" request for my records. My first question is this the same as a subject access request? Where I get all information about me ie written, digital etc. Secondly will it be useful to know why I was given it last time. Also can their own evidence ie assessments etc be used as nothing as really changed mentally and I have lots of evidence of physical problems.

Edited by henryallen

Sorry should say subject access request. Get confused at times.

Similar. Just make a subject access request in writing to ESA. You must make it clear what records you want to see. If you want copies of medical reports and copies of any decisions made based on those reports, then you must make it clear. The medical reports are on a different IT system bur ESA can access.

Write down a list of what documents/data you want to see.

If you don't do this, you will just receipt general data from your claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

after 4 and a half years on esa since last assessed im off to be assessed this morning in worcs 10.30. i sent in with my returned form so much medical evidence and a letter from the dwp asking me to apply for my pension as i now retire in 5 wks. good luck henry as the system is badly flawed and will let you know how i get on.