PCP PCN - Bristol Estate, Anchor Rd, Harbourside, Bristol, BS1 5DB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

My first post so apologies beforehand if I should follow a certain procedure. Congrats for the fantastic content and advice -- although at times not easy to follow.

I got today on the post a £100 Parking Charge Notice from a PCP Enforcement Agency

I honestly do not remember parking there;

in fact, I don't even know where this is exactly.

In any case, the whole letter seems to be written to deceive

- maybe what you call a Speculative Invoice.

I do think I may have parked in a spot with "clear signage" (eye for detail is not my thing, unfortunately).

There's this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?179567-Private-Car-Parking-Enforcement-Agency-(CCTV)

from 2009 similar and at the same spot.

I wonder what happened.

More info

- 22 June 2017; arrived in the post today, 20-august-17

- car parked at at Bristol Estate, Anchor Rd, Harbourside, Bristol, BS1 5DB

How'd you advise me to do?

Should I just ignore this?

You do have a sticky thread saying not to...

a billion thanks in advance

Victor

(Bristol)

pcn.pdf

Edited by jeuss
link, typos and punctuation

Hello and welcome. The forum guys should be along later, but as it's the weekend things are a little quieter. Please bear with us until they're able to get here. :)

I have a question please. Do you know what they mean by saying you didn't have a valid permit?

Fwiw, I agree that it looks like a speculative invoice, but the guys will tell you more.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey HB,

The only permit I have is where around my house and it certainly does not apply that far. So my guess the "not a valid permit" is just the generic reason they state.

To add some more info, I vaguely remember parking in the harbourside for a few minutes in an area the likes of hotels and private loading areas. I do remember someone, like a security doorman, taking notes while looking at my car.

The second thing is I wonder how they got my address and name. Would DVLA just hand out to a private business just like that?

any help great appreciated

--v

link please

yes the DVLA does with an agreement or whatever it is

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk,

Sorry, link to what?

About knowing who the registered keeper of a car is from DVLA, correct, they can, if with a valid reason, and as long they're members of BPA or IPC, as far as I can gather. Parkshiled, in the case, is a member of IPC.

Digging further, this Parkshield has amazing stories. They do look like a business made of extorsion. Now I may have been naughty and parked for 20min where I shouldn't, but this is becoming something more than £100. The more I read the more it's about the principle.

cheers all

--v

Hi dx100uk,

Sorry, link to what?

He's asking you to follow the link in post number 3, answer the appropriate questions and post those answers on this thread.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Are you saying that you received NTK on 20th Aug. Relating to a parking event on 22 June?

If so this should relate to a windscreen ticket and I think that makes it out of time for windscreen and definitely out of time for anpr.

More info needed from the link.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Zydeco is right but it is common amongst the parking cowboys to use what is called the "disappearing ticket" ruse.

they make a note of the vehicle details and then pretend that a ticket was slapped on the screen.

they then send out the NTK in the time allowed, which is 29-56 days after the event.

They do this as it avoids giving a discount and also makes it less likely you remember the event.

In your case they have cocked up by sending it out too late.

Occasionally they get their "evidence" wrong by having a picture showing the brake lights of the vehicle on or people in the vehicle from a distance so it is obvious that no ticket was ever issued.

In your case they have got their timings wrong so no keeper liability.

this doesnt mean that they will drop the matter just like that because they will be under the impression that they can continue to go after you on false assumptions because they are given that impression by Will and John at the IPC, who are always right in every circumstance.

So, what to do? Well, ignore them for the moment or demand proof that the event ever occurred.

Dont mention POFA and keeper liability, just ask for some photographic evidence of the vehicle parked as described and proof that a ticket was attached to the vehicle.

When they have sent what they have you will be able to tell them what your position is.

Do not say you werre driving but address then by saying that as the keeper of the vehicle in question you demand to see....etc