New Test Case Hearing held in Cardiff

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Our lodger is supposed to attend at Cardiff this morning, but has since realised she can't be there.

Any advice?

Bit late now. If she can't get there neither can she take a note / letter either.

I don't think it should really be a problem though as it was not mandatory for anyone to attend or send written communication.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Any word on how things went?

Am in the process of claimimg unecessary PPI and unlawful charges made to my account in Northen Ireland.

I am so cross about this as, my kids and I havent had a proper holiday for about 6 years now.

Sorry I didn't get on here yesterday, my internet is down at home so I'm using someone elses!

The supposedly 10 min hearing lasted over 2 hours! I would say there were about 10 claimants there, half of them had been settled without knowing (ie, the banks sols had mailed the court but the claimants had not yet recieved mail or money) the Judge asked them to go home and if they'd not recieved their money by Jan 12th then they could ask for judgement. Two claimants (LLoyds) had not recieved any correspondance from SC&M since the AQ stage, and SC&M had not responded at all to the court regarding the hearing, so the Judge said he would order that Lloyds pay them by Jan 12th, as far as I could tell!!!!!!! It was very hard to hear what was going on, I was at the back of the court and the air con was on right above my head!! I would say all cases had been settled or very near to it apart from Dunnie1..... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/20108-dunleavy-barclays-4.html#post448076 where he portrays his experience in the court regarding his case8)

I would suggest to anyone who attends a hearing that they take their notes and file with them, cos if the judge is anything like Hickingbottom then they will need them. It seemed to me that he was really fed up of all of this and who can blame him? He literally tried to sort these cases out once and for all. Good on him I say!!:-D

• Haha 1

Well done Stadium for reporting back here and well done for going along to show your support to others!!!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Allyxia, I'm really glad I went. One woman (not a member here, tho I did give her the site addy) was really glad of some support as she was on her own and was one of those who hadn't heard from Lloyds. I hope she got her money!

Am I right in thinking that it was a new thing for the judge to do what he did? I thought a directions hearing is where a judge decides how to proceed and sets a date for a proper hearing. Hickingbottom dealt with each and every case and where needed, ordered the banks pay up. I was really excited about it all in the days following the 21st, but so frustrated that I couldn't get on the net from home (but thats another story for another thread, namely telecommunications....) because I thought I had witnessed a turning point regarding the way the judge dealt with things.

• Haha 1

Thanks Allyxia, I'm really glad I went. One woman (not a member here, tho I did give her the site addy) was really glad of some support as she was on her own and was one of those who hadn't heard from Lloyds. I hope she got her money!

Am I right in thinking that it was a new thing for the judge to do what he did? I thought a directions hearing is where a judge decides how to proceed and sets a date for a proper hearing. Hickingbottom dealt with each and every case and where needed, ordered the banks pay up. I was really excited about it all in the days following the 21st, but so frustrated that I couldn't get on the net from home (but thats another story for another thread, namely telecommunications....) because I thought I had witnessed a turning point regarding the way the judge dealt with things.

I am sure this is a turning point, especially with the result for kazzaw.

well done those Judges :D

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

• 1 month later...

Guys,

I've had my case transferred to Cardiff Couty court on 31/01/07. It's listed for 26th March 2007. I've heard nothing from the courts since it was transfereed nearly two weeks ago. I'm working on the day of the preliminary hearing. do you think it will be ok if I don't attend or will this prejudice me in anyway? Also what happens next?

Red, why do you not want to attend? If they turn up and you don't you have no case / defence (on the day) and the Judge will make an order in their favour. If you are worried about attending you may get a Court Buddie.

The Courts are very helpful and will tell you how long you have got, and what you have to do.

Phone the Courts (admin) office on Mon, and quote the case no. There are other threads on here which may help you. Do you have your own thread?

Can you let me know about your Court blunde, there is a template for this, and I might have another.

Guys,

I've had my case transferred to Cardiff Couty court on 31/01/07. It's listed for 26th March 2007. I've heard nothing from the courts since it was transfereed nearly two weeks ago. I'm working on the day of the preliminary hearing. do you think it will be ok if I don't attend or will this prejudice me in anyway? Also what happens next?

Red it is very important that you attend court. You could write to the court (followed by a telaphone call) explaining that your working that day & request a continuence until another date.........This should give you further time to prepare........

• 2 weeks later...

I think this hearing is an allocation hearing and so, with any luck, travel or any other costs won't come into it

Not that there should eb any problem for a well-prepared CAGger anyway...

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Red it is very important that you attend court. You could write to the court (followed by a telaphone call) explaining that your working that day & request a continuence until another date.........This should give you further time to prepare........

Are all the hearings onm the 26ht march in cardiff, directions hearings? thats what my letter says at least

as i understand it you dont need to attend but can send written representation (ie reasons to allocate it to small claims).

Reading that quote above has me worried that i will need the full court bundle!!!

• 2 months later...

Hi,can anyone tell me the results of the test cases in Cardiff last year? Tried to get them on the site but keep getting an error message.Seems there's another bunch of us up before the same judge in August.Regards Daveyg