New Test Case Hearing held in Cardiff

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok as predicted -

Spoke to Methyr County Court today and have had confirmd my case against Natwest has been transferred to Cardiff for a test care hearing!

I havent been given a date as yet, however......

When I filed against The Woolwich and The Nationwide in Aberdare County Court, I was informed on Allocation my case will automatically be transferred to Cardiff for the Test Cases hearing being held in Cardiff in December (21st - I beleive), and for the love of Gawd I cant remember the name of the judge - however I should have the paperwork through any day now!!!!

Well I guess thats me tied up for the while day having three cases here!!!!

So watch this space - and i will keep you informed - in a nice way im hoping someone else is going to be having their cases heard on the same date as well!!!

:-? :evil: :-| :? :eek:

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this IS the test case hearing? I wonder how the banks will react.

Keep us posted.

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Aye so far it looks like Ally vrs and Ally vrs and Ally vrs heh heh!!!!!

I spoke to cobblers (for anybody who hasnt seen my thread) and they basically said see you in court..............

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

You know more than me are youin there then?

Allyxia

Yeh me and sexy specs out for another day as well as next thrusday!!!

Allyxia

I spoke to a listings Clerk at Cardiff Court last Monday morning . I wasn't sure whether I'd bother going as in my letter (I'm taking on Barclays by the way) it said that the hearing in Cardiff listed for the 21st of December was a Directions Hearing.

She said that at the time that I was speaking to her there were 74 cases being heard. She thought that it was a full hearing so, when I told her my letter was for a Directions Hearing, she thought that my letter was wrong. She asked for my phone number and said that she'd speak to the Judge and ring me back. Well, she did and said that the Judge confirmed that it was a Directions hearing and that in similar cases to mine, all the Judge was going to do was to allocated the Direction (obviously) that the cases would follow from there on.

I will have started my Xmas leave by then so, unless something drastic crops up in the mean time, I am going to attend anyway.

Test cases are cropping up in several places but they never get heard because the Banks settle before the date.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

I hope so as my natwest case has been dragging on a bit now!!! Im still waiting for my paperwork. Its already been through two directional hearings so gawd know what else they can direct it to this is the third court it has been to!!!!!

Allyxia

Guest Battleaxe

Allyx,

Looks like it will be a busy week for you. How the hell do Cobblers think they are going to get a day in Court. if they loose the banks will really suffer, because the precednet will be set legally.

I am still waiting to hear from the Court if my papers have been served. Will go in Wednesday if nothing has arrived in the mail.

keep your spirits up.

BA Im not just there for natwest as well = the Woolwich and Nationwide He Heh!!

Allyxia

Guest Battleaxe

I realise this Allyx. you are going to be so busy with the three. the Judge might think you have turned professional. yu could get an honourary B.LLB, by the time you are through...

cripes I'll have a whole alaphbet after me name soon!

Allyxia

Yeh confirmation orf court today Ally vs Nasty West with Judge Higgebottom!!! (Sorry if this isnt spelt correctly - I hope he doesnt take offence at my poor spelling - however if he gets wind of this then i will explain to him that it was a "fruedian slip - what with being a highly trained pyschologist and all)

Excellant that mean cheque on 20th dec should clear nicely me thinks.

Thats £2223.59 ta very mucho!!!!

Why dont they save 'emselves some cash and just cough up now eh!!!

Wonder if Wooly Monster (am I allowed to call them this?)will be heard on same day - should be - they got till 26th to acknowldge, then to defend should be around 6th Dec, do you think its gona go before Higgebottom (again sorry about the spelling mistakes) for the 21st that one!!!!

I hope so thats mega bucks that one is. It was over £3k at begining of claim and they added arounbd £490 in unauthorised OD charges at a rate of £3 per day plus interest since I started this damn claim!!!!

Allyxia

Hot damn, Ally, this electronic communication is getting faster than ever!

"Today, 16:03"

i received this message half an hour before you sent it!

Anyway, good luck but don't put anything on your store cards quite yet!

Westy

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Het westy, refer to my post on Natwest and the Wooly to see my default hell and to understand why I cantget a store card.

Never mind though well just have two xmas's one on 25th and one a week later once Ive done the sales!!

They must be really rubbish in Merthyr Court though to transfer this case twice!!!!!

They said its so an expert Judge I asume thats "crinkleybottom" can look it!

I thought is was a matter of law and not a matter of expertise or intereptations!!!

Allyxia

Can't get a store card? Lucky girl! The easiest temptation to resist is one you can't have anyway!:D

Go prepared to Cardiff (or should it be Gaerdydd?) on the 21st, just in case. there is someone else's thread I forget but can find it, given time - who went for a directions hearing and found he was, ultimately, the only one there and NatWest had sent a barrister to argue that he couldn't claim interest coz he hadn't paid it, or something like that.

Anyway, he got away by the skin of his teeth, as I recall.

Gosh, I can be a wet blanket, can't I??

But keep travelling hopefully - the arrival will be great!

Westy

Westy

Hey I been to court once and won so another outing for me and sexy specs is no biggy lets face it my court bundle is already done only need to swap the info over for Nasty W and then the Wooly.

I doubt very much they are going to be going on the 21st!!!

Though if you do find the thread please post it to me!!!

Allyxia

I have also had a "general form of judgement or order" letter to appear at cardiff county court for 10:30am for judge hickinbottom.

Anyone else struggling to understand how to put together the court bundle?? I dont have my statements anymore so am a little worried that they would have to be presented also?

good luck all!

Hi, Daf

You can find a court bundle here (Basic Court Bundle). Take your time to familiarise yourself with it. You don't need to be Barrister-conversant, just aware of what you have and where to find it. If you do find yourself going to court, or having to answer questions from the judge, it will be a good idea to be able to refer to correspondence and to the relevant

law.

May also be a good idea to locate the Northern Ireland report, which is on this site somewhere (but I have money to earn, so work to do!). It makes it clear that the banks set charges based on competition considerations, not actual costs, and that they are an important source of revenue.

Not that I think it will get that far.

Good luck

Westy

• Haha 1

Westy

Can't get a store card? Lucky girl! The easiest temptation to resist is one you can't have anyway!:D

Go prepared to Cardiff (or should it be Gaerdydd?) on the 21st, just in case. there is someone else's thread I forget but can find it, given time - who went for a directions hearing and found he was, ultimately, the only one there and NatWest had sent a barrister to argue that he couldn't claim interest coz he hadn't paid it, or something like that.

Anyway, he got away by the skin of his teeth, as I recall.

Gosh, I can be a wet blanket, can't I??

But keep travelling hopefully - the arrival will be great!

Westy

I think you are referring to Haydn who was at a case management conference on 13th Oct. It was contractual interest and NW had already paid up the charges.

• Haha 1

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

"I think you are referring to Haydn who was at a case management conference on 13th Oct. It was contractual interest and NW had already paid up the charges."

That's the one - cheers, Giz. Anyway, it's a terrific resource now and another forewarned-is-forearmed bit for the armoury.

Westy

Westy

daf1999 - i have already been to court and used the court bundle if you need anyfurtehr help nearer the time PM me and I willtalk you through things ok!!!!

Dont worry about it for now though

Allyxia