New Test Case Hearing held in Cardiff

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In my letter, it does not compell me to attend. I can if I wish, or send written representations.

Furthermore it does not ask for my Court Bundle. Mine is ready, bar indexing and inserting an up-to-date schedule.

To start compiling your bundle, go here to download the zip file.

Hope that helps you daf

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welshman, Thats what is says in my letter...my problem is im due to go on holiday that morning so do i have to attend or can i just send the court bundle and forget it or what?? eek! :confused:

Allyxia, did you put your statements in your court bundle as I dont have mine anymore and am worried that I will have to re-order them to include them? or would my list of charges suffice?

thanks to you all!

No. You do not send your court bundle. The courts are not asking for them at this stage. All the Judge is going to decide in the Hearing is which Direction our cases are going to proceed from then on. You can just drop the Court a polite letter asking that you believe that your case is siutable for the Small Claims Track. You can also maybe mention any inconvenient dates for you in early 2007.

Daf, you will need your statement copies. Three of them one for the Court, one for the bank (even though they've got them already) and one for your own bundle. If you havn't got them, re-order. Maybe it's worth you going direct to your own branch as it seems people are getting them quicker that way. May cost you a tenner though!

Welshman

No. You do not send your court bundle. The courts are not asking for them at this stage. All the Judge is going to decide in the Hearing is which Direction our cases are going to proceed from then on. You can just drop the Court a polite letter asking that you believe that your case is siutable for the Small Claims Track. You can also maybe mention any inconvenient dates for you in early 2007.

So all I need to do is write a letter stating that and wait and hear what happened at the hearing? even though i stated it in the AQ?

Daf, you will need your statement copies. Three of them one for the Court, one for the bank (even though they've got them already) and one for your own bundle. If you havn't got them, re-order. Maybe it's worth you going direct to your own branch as it seems people are getting them quicker that way. May cost you a tenner though!

Ill get my statements again, but I dont need a bundle for the upcoming hearing?

Daf - it looks like your query has already been anwered also I have replied to your PM as well.

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

I was just searching for what a directions hearing was all about and found this thread... I too have a directions hearing with Judge Hickenbottom but in the Bradford court for a claim against Abbey national.. I did read the notes that said there was a possibility that this may be transfered to another court and that it would also be possible to do it by telephone...my date is the 9th Jan.

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

My letter of transferred stated it was for Review and CMC!!

So Im confused now!!!

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

Ive heard on the grapevine other banks are settling as well

Buttthats for others to disclose

Shame I have nothing to disclose myself esp as i have two claims in on that day!

Allyxia

Any updates on this court date yet?

I posted my court letter on here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/48854-advice-needed.html

im due to go on holiday that morning and not sure whether i need to turn up at court or what!? :confused:

also if i do need to attend, what i need to take/prepare?

Allyxia, you around?? :-|

Well done stadium, nice to see a chilli's fan win through! ;)

what bank were you up against?

Not heard anything from cobblers(natwest) yet, but sent my written representations through as i cant make the hearing...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/48854-advice-needed.html

Anyone else not heard anything ??

Hi, DC

Bring us up to speed - has there been a dfence filed, have you had your AQ and filled it in? Is yours one of the cases scheduled for hearing on the 21st?

If so, it probably won't come to it but it will be best to write to the Court (unless you want to attend) along the lines of others in this thread. It's a directions hearing, not a full hearing but you never know if something may be lurking. Send the letter SPECIAL DELIVERY - not Recorded, because Recorded has no guarantee and we're into Christmas post period.

Prepare your Court bundle, just in case. Is there anything you can think of that the bank may try to kick off about? Apart from giving you your money back, obviously?

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Hi, DC

Bring us up to speed - has there been a dfence filed, have you had your AQ and filled it in? Is yours one of the cases scheduled for hearing on the 21st?

If so, it probably won't come to it but it will be best to write to the Court (unless you want to attend) along the lines of others in this thread. It's a directions hearing, not a full hearing but you never know if something may be lurking. Send the letter SPECIAL DELIVERY - not Recorded, because Recorded has no guarantee and we're into Christmas post period.

Prepare your Court bundle, just in case. Is there anything you can think of that the bank may try to kick off about? Apart from giving you your money back, obviously?

Westy

Yes my case against Lloyds is on the 21st December. I didnt fill in a AQ as I won the case by default but due to not knowing what to do Lloyds had the case set aside (5th September). I will prob phone SCM again on Monday to see if they will be representing Lloyds. As I live in Cardiff I will be going to the hearing on the 21st. The only thing I can think of that the bank will kick off about is the interest on the overdraft charges.

OK

First, were you asked to fill out another AQ? It's the court that asks for that and you mjst comply.

second, do a search for 'haydn', who found him(or her)self the only one at a directions hearing, and Natwest tried to get the case thrown out, on the grounds that interest wasn't calculated properly. Read his (or her) experience - it will help you to be prepared if it comes to it, and not be thrown by anything they bring up

Best wishes

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Allyxia X 3 No

Allyxia

Are you going to go just to find out if anyone esle (Evan if they are from the other site) is attening?

Oh please you must report back!

Allyxia

I do not need to go but I will still be there tommorrow for support. Is there actually anyone left to attend or have we all been settled? I suppose I will find out in the morning!;)

The reason I posted #44 was because it looks like I will be able to attend (unless something crops up in the mean time) but there's no point if there's no-one there from the Claimant side. I don't want to do a 120 mile round trip to attend a hearing that I'm not involved in and that I'm not supporting anyone!

Welshman

You could try pm those who have previously posted up here?

Allyxia