Pay in full for central heating system not fully functioning?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

We had a new central heating system, hot water cylinder and radiators fitted.

Total cost was £14.5k

We paid £2k before installation and £10k via a government loan, and have been paying the rest in instalments. Theres around £1k left.

Part of the package was a check up inspection after installation. We had issues quickly. The heating worked fine and it gives hot water, but intermittently the hot water stops. We often cant run a bath. After about 2inches of water in the bath the water just stops, won't then come out of any of the taps in the house for 30 to 60 minutes.

They didn't come to do the post installation check as promised and I emailed repeatedly about coming out. They didnt until 11 months after installation. They ran the bath and this time it filled, they said its probably a washer, and have refused to come back.

I have chased them over and over to sort it out but they wont come out. They have chased me aggressively and threateningly for full payment. They now say how can I expect them to service it until I pay in full, and that by missing last payment I have broken my promise to pay.

I'm not confident I'll ever see them again if I pay, and we'll be left never being able to run a bath. It's been a problem from the start and I have all my emails complaining to them. I have photos and videos of the tap stopping.

It's a sort of stalemate and I'm not sure what to do next. I'd be grateful for any advice. Thx

Who are "they" and when did you have the work done?

Did they supply and fit everything or are the suppliers and installers different people?

You need to send them a recorded delivery letter advising them of the position and that as the Government are party to this contract under the loan scheme, you have written to them as well to confirm the system issues being experienced. Advise that you would like to resolve this as soon as possible to avoid litigation.

Remember that as the Government have provided a loan, it is a three way contract and the Government are responsible as well. So you must also inform the Government department that dealt with the loan, by sending them a letter, informing them of the contract issues.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Oh and just remembered the other thing - they promised copper pipes but fitted plastic. This is a rural property with mice etc and I was worried about plastic pipes being gnawed. After installation they assured me it will be fine as it is.