Three billing not available

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys. I am with THREE (not for much longer) on PAYG.

I hardly use the phone at all for anything other than receiving calls and the occasional text or call out.

The package is the 1,2,3 so is very cheap and a £10 credit usually lasts me months.

I topped up on 24 Jan and that would normally be it until maybe May or June.

But yesterday I received a text from THREE asking if I want to top up. The balance was £0.59

Now I know I have not used it and I always have mobile data switched off, so wanted to know where Three has used my money.

I logged into my3, but as I am PAYG there is no billing available,

today I called them and asked for a breakdown of how they used my credit.

They point blank refused to tell me as 'that is not available to PAYG customers'

Surely this cannot be legal.

They can effectively just fritter away my credit with no accountability.

Can anyone help with this?

I know it is pennies, but it is a lot to me.

I asked them for a PAC code 17 times before they finally stopped asking me why I wanted it and caved in when I demanded it as I am entitled to have it!:mad2:

Hello and Welcome Boobtastic,

Your problem is one I've never really looked at before, It looks like your right in saying the only way to get a look at your call log or history is by sending a Subject Access Request which would cost you £10, that's no good to man nor beast.

I'm sure some of the other mobile providers will give this information with no charge I'm assuming your going to go with one of them.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

should tell you where the pennies are going on your data usage on your phone if its a smart phone?

you sound like me, don't use it for data nor nowt

I went over to giffgaff [which is the o2 network]

and I spend £22.84 last year

and .71p this year so far

don't use it for anything other than giffgaff user to giffgaff user.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My experience:

Plus points: cheap data. Fast, too, if you are lucky enough to be in the right area.

"Feel at home" a useful PAYG option if you are going to an included country outside the EU

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home

Minus points: (as you have found out!): its fine when all is well. At the first hint of a problem, Customer Service evaporates.

So, I retain a 3 data SIM, on a SIM only plan, with a heavily reduced monthly charge. It works where I want, with good speed, at a reasonable charge. I just don't expect ANYTHING more, and don't bother calling CS (other than to cancel!).

If it stops working, doesn't work where I want, or is no longer an economical option, I'll cancel.

If someone is travelling to a "Feel at Home" country for more than a few days, and wants to give people in the UK a UK number to call them on, they could consider a 3 PAYG SIM, and put an add-on on it. n.b. No tethering for the data with an add-on!

Calls to their UK number will reach them on that SIM in the foreign country at no extra charge. (If on O2, and using a local SIM with data, or wi-fi, calls to their UK number can reach therm FOC using TuGo)

So, 3 has its uses. It has its major limitations, too.

I don't think any UK network offers regular itemised billing for PAYG per se, but some will create it for you on a one-off basis (for a charge!), and all SHOULD be able to tell you where your credit has gone in the event of a dispute!.

17 contact events to get a PAC? !!

I'm glad that I don't need to keep the number for my data SIM, and when it needs to be gone, its gone .......

Thanks for the replies so far.

I didn't make 17 different calls, just the one but had to say 17 time 'please tell me my Pac code. They started with 'may I ask why you want it' I replied, NO. They then tried 16 further times to find out why I wanted it, what they could do to keep me, why it was bad to leave etc etc etc.

OK, back to my actual question. As far as I can tell from the limited replies so far, THREE do not have to tell me where my credit has gone. So, I have gone - elsewhere!

I don't know if that is better or worse!

"Hey, I haven't got into a discusssion on why I want to leave the last 15 times you have asked, but go on, ask again!

You never know, the 16th time you ask I might suddenly change my mind!"

What planet are these people on?.

"OK : the reason (now!) that I want to leave is that you've asked me 15 times why I want to leave!"