Employer Error In HMRC Submission they wont correct.

Falcom
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My employer has changed their payroll system and as a result they have declared all my income correctly up to the end of December and then re-submitteded it all again to HMRC in January so now it appears to HMRC that I earned £2x,xxx inthe first nine months of the financial year and then was paid the the whole total sum again in one payment in January and that no PAYE was collected on this bumper payment the supposedly made to me.

It is obvious that the employer has made an error and entered the year to date figures rather than the pay period figures but the implication of this is that HMRC are now looking to recover the PAYE on this generous lump sum my employer has declared I have earned in January. My employer will not acknowledge he has made a mistake and HMRC say they can do nothing as the employer has declared that the figures are correct and he paid me £2x,xxx in January.

So we have a deadlock. Has anyone any suggestions? (I have suggested that the employer pay me the money he declared he had paid me in January and I would sort out the PAYE but needless to say that wont happen!)

Many Thanks

PETER RABBIT V BARCLAYS Settled in Full 05 March 2007

Hi Falcom,

The way you deal with this really depends on your relationship with your employer.

1. Roughly how many employees does the employer have ?

2. Is there a payroll office, accountant or what, that deals with the payroll each month ?

First thing to check is your Jan payslip, in particular, check the "pay to date" figure.

From what you've said, I assume the pay to date figure at the end of Jan SHOULD BE approx £22,000 to £25,000. This is the pay you've rec'd from 6th April 2016 to the end of Jan 2017

But I suspect it'll show a far higher figure, like £40,000.

Let me know please, so we can advise further.

:-)

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)