style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch, in order to clarify the payment terms can you please contact us on 0800526069 or alternatively emails at customer.relations@brighthouse.co.uk with your local store, post code, full name and date of birth please so that I can locate your details. If you do email us please quote your CAG reference number 318100 so that we can locate your details.

Rahul (Web Relations Team)

that explains the option bit then...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

post 25

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The rate of interest charged will be 69.9%per annum

Apr 69.9%

Total cost £2496

Good Morning lills66,

I would just like to confirm that we received your email yesterday and the Head of Customer Relations will be in contact with you at some point today to discuss the APR with regards to your agreement.

Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us and we will be in touch shortly.

Please feel free to contact us at anytime on 0800 526 069 quoting your reference number and we will be happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Ren

BrightHouse Web Relations Team

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

I hope i will be able to answer the questions raised and provide further information on our insurance policy and how the APR is calculated.

APR

We use a representative APR, starting from 69.9%, however some goods may have a higher APR. The APR is set at the date the agreement is created and fixed for the duration of the agreement, please note that your personal APR will vary and is based on your credit rating and repayment history. The interest is calculated daily and is based on the outstanding balance. This means that each weekly payment is made up of capital and interest. The interest payment would therefore be a bigger percentage of the weekly payment at the start of the agreement and a lower percentage as the customer gets to the end of the contract as the capital balance reduces. Please note that this is standard practice for consumer credit providers.

Insurance

Hire purchase agreement with BrightHouse contains an obligation to keep the relevant goods insured at all times against loss or damage caused by fire, theft or accident. You may have, or be thinking of buying, a household contents or other policy that will do this, which is perfectly acceptable. As an alternative, BrightHouse's Product Insurance Cover is available and provides cover for loss arising from the theft of your hire purchase goods or any loss or damage to them caused by fire or accident.

In addition all customers who choose to take their insurance with BrightHouse also have the opportunity to change their minds within the 14 Days Cooling off period to cancel their insurance with us and provided us with proof of household contents insurance.

I hope i have been able to answer your questions. For further information please contact us on 0800 526 069 and we will be happy to help.

Kind Regards,

Ren

BrightHouse Web Relations Team

"Legal and financial advisers are jockeying for position on the potential restructuring, with Moelis and PWC understood to be seeking appointment by bondholders." ; is it the case that BH don't really want the services of those firms, but may find they have no choice but to use them, and incur the extra charges and costs that will come from having no other option?.

Blimey, poor Brighthouse!.

I mean, that'd be unfortunate, and not at all ironic, wouldn't it?.

Yes interesting reading! I've been very stupid by going to brighthouse I've learnt the hard way unfortunately :sad:

It is only "stupid' if you knew you had better options and deliberately didn't take them.

You may not have had better options, or you might now be availing yourself of better options that have since become available or known to you (like credit unions at a better APR, and / or reclaiming anything you can from BH!)

The Apr on the day of agreement is 69.9% so that is my personal Apr then? Have never taken insurance as always showed household insurance

Morning lills66,Thank you for your reply.As we have your details we will be liasing with you via email as requested.Kind Regards,RenBrightHouse Web Relations Team

Morning

Will do HB! Thank you

I have worked out I think that we are paying back £2.28 per day.

My APR is 69.9% per Annum its all very confusing and mind boggling how its done

we have been great payers on all the stuff we have bought over the years

I have decided to send a SAR request do I send to Caversham address?

since looking into all of this I have decided that I don't want to carry on with having stuff from BH

I want the product to go back I think we owe about £1456 and I don't want them to have that money from me anymore.

can someone advise how we can do this properly without it costing us any more?

I have looked up the same TV and at Currys its £649 or different make £379.

I have been in touch with FOS so will see what they say.

This forum has been great thank you &

and if 1 person looks at this forum and changes their mind from buying from BH I would be happy with that!

Afternoon Lills66,

Thank you very for the above comments.

If you would like to make a request for a SAR i can confirm that you would need to address this to the Customer Relations Team and post is to our head office,

please note that there is a £10.00 administration fee for any SAR requests.

I am sorry to hear that you no longer wish to be a customer of BrightHouse.

If you would still like to go ahead and terminate your account you can arrange this with your local store.

Thank you very much for your custom over the years we do really appreciate it.

Kind Regards,RenBrightHouse Web Relations Team

If you appreciate their custom so much why not show it: provide them everything they'd get by an SAR, returning the £10.00 statutory fee!

BTW, BH aren't doing them any favours by dealing with an SAR, just meeting their statutory obligation.....

However, as an individual you have my respect:

you have a tough job coming here and trying to make BH look good

(well, even 'reasonable' if not "good"). Tough gig.

Is it "all talk" though :

multiple threads show the words aren't matched by equivalent deeds at the store / area management levels,.....

I would be voluntarily terminating under the CCA every agreement and then claim back all the hidden insurances

and they

Popped in to brighthouse told not a problem terminating so off the wall tonight for tv, pictures will be taken to prove in perfect condition just in case something happens after dropping off to store.

Why not keep it lol... Youve paid enough...

While doing my research Ive found that the APR depends on the time you have the good for. Once again i repeat my above post :p

So lets do a comparative here...

Ive picked randomly the S7 edge which they do locked to Vodafone. Bear that in mind.

CPW offer the phone for 569.99 and you can claim a gear fit... No extra cost.

This device is unlocked from CPW.

The guys at not so "Brighthouse" off the bat charge £657 for the device. This makes them already quite expensive and you cant claim the gear fit. Its locked to Vodafone.

Then they add ServicePlus for £197 making it £854 for the phone before you even get to insurance. If you add in just the APR at this point 99.9% quoted on their site... The total cost becomes - **DRUMROLL** £1,365.00

Then the insurance they add which your are more undoubtedly FORCED to take at £3.53 a week.

The final cost of this phone over 18 months is.... Around about

£1640

Glad to see you have woken up :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

If you appreciate their custom so much why not show it: provide them everything they'd get by an SAR, returning the £10.00 statutory fee!

BTW, BH aren't doing them any favours by dealing with an SAR, just meeting their statutory obligation.....

However, as an individual you have my respect:

you have a tough job coming here and trying to make BH look good

(well, even 'reasonable' if not "good"). Tough gig.

Is it "all talk" though :

multiple threads show the words aren't matched by equivalent deeds at the store / area management levels,.....

sums it all up with this Brighthouse crowd, not Bright at all are they!?

this going back to the days of Home calls( back of van) collect weekly Blundells & Alexander Sloane etc etc in the 60s/70s and make as much as they can out of the vulnerable!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: