Pastdue collecting for Npower

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received two letters over the past 3 weeks from Pastdue chasing a debt for Npower for ~£620 (£450 debt £170 fees) relating to my old address I left in Nov 2010 so 6 years ago.

The first letter lists the product and supply period as not specified which is helpful.

I have spent the intervening time digging through letters and my bank statements trying to figure out what this for and have found some letters from Wescot in 2014 with the same account number for Npower Gas but owing ~£650 but I do not recall ever entertaining these letters.

On my bank statements it seems I last made a payment to Npower in Oct 2010 but I am not sure if it was for gas or electricity as it was a card payment.

On first glance it seems that the debt maybe Statute Barred or at least nearing it as I do not know the exact default date.

To complicate things

I can see on my bank statements that I have made payments to Scotcall since then which I think were for my Npower electricity account not my gas account iirc, which I paid for a period of time until I was told to stop as it seemed Npower recalled the debt.

Unfortunately I cannot put my hands on any letters to confirm this so I am not 100% confident that it is a separate account.

The actual value of the gas debt should be over £2000 as although I had a direct debit in place for both fuels, npower didn't bill me for gas for over 2 years so I am not convinced this debt is actually mine unless npower wrote some of the debt off.

I am unsure how to proceed, I am not in a position to pay so am reluctant to start engaging with the dca.

Is it wise to engage with Npower to try and confirm if the account is mine and try to find out the default date and last payment amount/date to see if the debt is now SB?

Kind regards

Check your credit record first and advise us what is on there.

If a debt is with Pastdue, it means that they don't have much hope in collecting this debt, as no action is likely. And it would be up to NPower if they wanted to pursue or not via a court claim.

Statute barring will run from about 2 months after you last missed paying on any agreement.

You could send a subject access request to NPower if you wanted to see what information was on the accounts.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Unclebulgaria, thanks for your response.

There is nothing relating to this on my Noddle account, don't think I have ever seen my energy supplier listed there.

Would sending a subject access request possibly result in Npower restarting collection activity for my electricity account, as I stated above I swear I was making payments to Scotcall for that until they told me to stop a few years back even though the debt was not fully paid off?

Kind regards

ignore!!

don't send anyone anything.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...