DWP do not consider Extended Period of Sickness applicable for clients claiming JSA after DWP deems them ‘fit for work’

tommy456
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is questionable,

Some work coaches are saying the above whilst others claim they can use their own discretion ,

really that isn't what the DWP's official guidance says about EPS

As someone who is very sceptical of the establishment & DWP

Sounds like someone was in la la land or stoned maybe,

or is there something more sinister at foot ,

why do this , to cause confusion for fun ?

or are they testing the waters, to see how much opposition they meet, before they scrap eps , ?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/470857/v4am47.pdf

It sounds, fundamentally, like the advisers don't know how to apply the guidance. That does happen - I remember having a few heated debates with colleagues when I wanted to award a Job Grant (back when such a thing existed) to an ESA claimant who was in the Assessment Phase pending appeal and there were folk claiming that that status didn't count towards the 26 week requirement for the JG. I was right and the people I was arguing with were wrong - my persistence got a few people their Job Grants. The point is that bad information can spread like wildfire everywhere, especially when the guidance is unclear.

EPS has had unintended consequences - it was intended to discourage people from claiming ESA, but it seems that now it's being used mainly by folks who've failed their ESA WCA and have to claim JSA while waiting for Mandatory Reconsideration. Dunno how this will pan out.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It sounds, fundamentally, like the advisers don't know how to apply the guidance. That does happen - I remember having a few heated debates with colleagues when I wanted to award a Job Grant (back when such a thing existed) to an ESA claimant who was in the Assessment Phase pending appeal and there were folk claiming that that status didn't count towards the 26 week requirement for the JG. I was right and the people I was arguing with were wrong - my persistence got a few people their Job Grants. The point is that bad information can spread like wildfire everywhere, especially when the guidance is unclear.

EPS has had unintended consequences - it was intended to discourage people from claiming ESA, but it seems that now it's being used mainly by folks who've failed their ESA WCA and have to claim JSA while waiting for Mandatory Reconsideration. Dunno how this will pan out.

Well i don't think they can realistically expect those who have failed the Not fit for purpose & unfair WCA to do anything other than claim EPS when there is no time limits on the pointless MR being processed to be fair ,

When the MR was first introduced there was a good percentage of claimants who had failed the WCA then went on to have that decision revised@ MR and placed into one of the 2 esa groups, the most recent stats suggest that percentage is now under 10% so more cases are going to tribunal

And this, in turn, doesn't help the DWP deal with MR's faster , in some areas the speed that they send out ESA50's is adding to that backlog, my current and past esa claim they have sent the esa50 within the first 4-5 weeks , all to keep to the target of 12-13 weeks ,

I can recall the time when they used to pay i think upto 4 weeks JSA and housing benefit if you had been ue for a long time and found a job, this was great if you had to work a month in hand , they also used to do grants for work clothing such as saftey boots gloves and hi vis ect that was when they did help you into work