Council tells me to ask RM why my mails are not delivered.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have written complaint to my local council that I haven't received few letters from them including one with PIN to 'Council Online' and other decision including some of my data and informations that if missed could bring further negative consequences.

In response I have received letter through encrypted [?] means [egress].

It says that I should contact RoyalMail and chase why letters are not getting to me.

Am I right that it is Council that is in the contract with RM and it's their job to find out what is going on and they trying to fob me off?

What do you reckon I should do next? If I'm right that is.

Thanks

LOST MAIL COUNCIL.JPG

Edited by face-t
edit

Hi,

Have you had a look at the 'link', I'd think it's Royal Mail you would have to contact.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

Have you had a look at the 'link', I'd think it's Royal Mail you would have to contact.

Yes I did. In any case they would ask me to provide some documentation. Otherwise anyone could come and claim they didn't get something.

For me situation is:

council pays for service and there is a contract between RM an Council for it.

Is there any reason for Royal Mail accepting my complaint if I don't have a shred of paperwork proving that letter was really sent and not stuck in a Council bin? Or stolen by a person that not supposed to be in a specific Council area?

RM.JPG

Hi

Have you fully confirmed with the Council that your Address contact details held by them are Correct?

The Council didn't really explain that properly.

The Council should be looking into this from there side but as they mentioned (you have the email as proof for Royal Mail).

You should also complain to Royal Mail that you are not getting this specific Mail (and any other missing mail) and Royal Mail should investigate from there end and give you a response.

If Royal Mail respond and basically confirm no fault at their end then its back to the Council making a Formal Complaint in writing with a copy of Royal Mail response. (ensure to send a copy of royal mail response and not original, get free proof of posting from post office and keep a good paper trail). Important you must exhaust the Councils Complaints Procedure before going to the Ombudsman.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yes, address they have is correct, as it is in the footnote of this message from first post. Also every year they send me Council Tax and any amendments to my address.

RM.JPG

I'm actually thinking about challenging ill complaint procedure, I can't imagine myself selling something on e.bay [or any other distant selling retailer] and saying to a buyer

'Now it's your problem' -- "My policy says you have to exhaust all possibilities to find out what happened with my mail to you"

:!:

I can imagine if I was provided in response all necessary details to complain to RM, well I might consider it. On my own I can barely provide my private address and not even a sender address... Since content description could only be provided for last missing letter [attached to egress message].

Which Ombudsman do you suggest is the best to deal with this kind of matter?