style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening,

I have reported leaking/dripping taps in the kitchen, the landlord didn't want to repair them, but agreed to repair another set in the house.

I also reported mould around the edge of the bath, he sent someone out to replace the beading, but, one side has remained clear, the other has come back almost immediately.

Since these repairs I have had a routine inspection, where I reported the mould has returned on one side and I want to get the beading replaced deeper down instead of the top layer, which should hopefully resolve it. The landlord has refused as it "was recently repaired" the letting agent "recommends" i buy mould remover and clean it.

The taps were noted by the inspection to have limescale on them, but only on the ones in the kitchen, they again recommend I clean them with limescale remover. The other taps in the house are kept nice and shiny with simple kitchen/bathroom cleaner and only require descaling if they leak.

This may appear petty by some, but I have lived here for 3 years, the house is in good condition and is damp free throughout (which from what I've witnessed in the rental market is very rare) I have diagnosed problems with the heating that the LLs plumber was unable/reluctant to do, thus saving him money.

I don't feel that it is reasonable for the cost/time/effort (which includes sourcing suitable products) to be borne by myself whilst the underlying cause remains unfixed.

Are the taps leaking.....or dripping ...there is a big difference ?

If dripping a new set of washers cost 90p and can be fitted in 5 mins...if the taps are leaking..is that from below the tap (the pipework)?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

How doyou know there is an 'underlying cause'?

LL has replaced bath seal, not really required unless causing water to escape below.

Many water taps & baths will accumulate lime scale over time, esp in hard water areas. (FW&T)

As a T, the Law requires you to maintain property in similar condition to move in, less FW&T, and undertake minor repairs eg cleaning, changing batteries, tap washers during occupation at own expense, as per any owner-occupier.

Mould/mildew can be temp treated by mild scrubbing with a proprietary product or diluted bleach.

IMO cost of domestic cleaning consumables are resp of T.