DWP Failing to Respond to Complaints

IHateDWP
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was asked to defraud DWP by a work programme provider in July 2015. In short I signed off, I got acall from a guy asking to provide details and sign forms for DWP to pay them. I explained I just signed off without a job. He told me dont worry think of an employer and we both could get paid. I just laughed at the guy and put him on loud speaker and let my mum hear him going off his nut and getting angry.

First point of call, go back see my old advisior, she just looked at me like I was stupid and asked what she could help with:S. For 3 months DWP told me they wont take my complaint as I must complain to the person trying to defraud them????? Anyway finally my complaint was taken serious on the 1st of September 2016. Someone collected all the dates and times I called trying to pursue this and reassured me something was going to be done. She even called me back 2 hours later telling me its been passed on and will get looked at.

On the 12th of September I got a call lasting 12 minutes from an unknown number (have screenshot). This was a person from DWP fraud department who asked me for more information and told me I may need to provide a statement. I was told a follow up call would happen in the next 14 days. Nothing. Call up to enquire. The log on the 1st says no complaint was every taken as DWP dont deal with companies trying to defraud them. Also no call logs on the 12th to me. It seems it was no one from the DWP who called me????

I'm going absolutely insane here. When I try and sign on I get sent to the work programme provider who give me no assistance or help and my referral was not even acknowledged 9 weeks later. SO I just signed off again. JCP cant help me find work and jobs offered in the centre are for people not on the work programme so I feel attending the job centre a waste of time.

What should I do? Just shut up about it in when put in that position next time just accept? Its only tax payers money right?

What should I do? Just shut up about it in when put in that position next time just accept? Its only tax payers money right?

Get in to the habit of recording all conversations and keep copies of all paperwork. If it happens again, get your MP involved and pressure him/her to take action. The DWP will be interested in systemic fraud and (should) log all reports to build up a picture.

Yes, it is taxpayer's money, but it is coming out of your pocket, my pay cheques, and everyone else's purse/wallet. Benefit fraud, regardless of whether it is committed by a claimant or a DWP contractor, affects all of us.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Tried contacting my MP twice and twice got no response. Few media outlets report her as once of the worst responders. She has lost my vote for sure.

The number to report Benefit fraud cant help told me said action for fraud would help. They told me they cant take my complaint it must be DWP making the complaint.

Guest Dave Evan

for starters, this is just some guy who wants to use your details in a crime. What evidence do you have - you will need that to get a criminal record against the guy.

Secondly, this is a lot of hassle for yourself to get involved in this, more than you know.

I got criminal records on 3 people myself and had debtors in County Court - its a lot of hassle my friend.

for starters, this is just some guy who wants to use your details in a crime. What evidence do you have - you will need that to get a criminal record against the guy.

Secondly, this is a lot of hassle for yourself to get involved in this, more than you know.

I got criminal records on 3 people myself and had debtors in County Court - its a lot of hassle my friend.

I beg to differ. What the provider is doing is ripping off the tax payer. In this day & age of austerity and cuts that's even worse:

I don't understand what you mean by "I got criminal records on 3 people? This is for the DWP to investigate & they may well ask o/p for a statement. If it's just an isolated case nothing further may happen.

The helpline is incorrect. DWP fraud staff investigate such cases. It can take a long time to sift all the information etc. Benefit staff & helpline staff do not have access to fraud systems so would not know what is going on.

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

Guest Dave Evan

"I don't understand what you mean by "I got criminal records on 3 people? This is for the DWP to investigate & they may well ask o/p for a statement."

Well, statements will be taken as what one side says as a fact, as the OP was 'involved' in the comms - by submitting and signing a statement of truth - the OP will be part of the investigation, whatever comes of it.

So, being part of it and reporting it, he will need evidence to back up what he says and for a prosecution to put forward against the fraudster - without this, it wont go to Court.

This would be a criminal act and thus a criminal case, which can run for days until its resolved.

Edited by Dave Evan

It's for the investigator to get evidence to corroborate his statement.

It's possible that the o/p would be required to attend court. Or once confronted with other evidence the fraudster may plead guilty.

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

Which post is that please, Noah?

HB

I'm not clear on specifics regarding:, I was asked to defraud DWP..'The DWP has contract with a work programme providers who are ineffective, but still legal. If you expect justice from the DWP, you set yourself for disappoitment. I know about someone who was reported for fraud roughly 20 times and the DWP still didn't take any action which resulted in defrauding of tens of thousands of Pounds. I would give you advice to not rely neither on the DWP nor a work programme providers to find you job because this happens rarely. It's really up to you to do all the jobsearch and finding a job. You're asked to attend appointments in order to get benefits, that's all. You just signed off which means you lost all your benefits. Why?