New Mobilty scooter issues with supplier

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am looking for some advice re mobility scooter. I brought a new scooter from Care_Co http://www.careco.co.uk/cl-ms/mobility-scooters.htm in June i went out approx 4 times on this until early September because i had to wait until some of my garden had been concreted over to accommodate scooter. On approx by 10th trio it stared to break down, it went okay the stooped etc and twice crossing the road. I contacted the supplier and i have been met with indifference, it took almost 5 weeks before an engineer called which was today. There is a fault with the scooter.

I have asked for a full refund as i have no confidence in the scooter or the company even if it was repaired.

I understand that under the Consumers Act a company has tooter at least attempt at repair or replacement unless it would cause significant inconvenience. I have explained that has well as a physical disability i also have Bipolar disorder and anxiety which for me means that i will not feel safe on this scooter if repaired and would not feel comfortable going out alone on it which negates the reason i brought it for.

I have found the company so difficult in that its been impossible to speak to a manager, i have made 5 attempts in the last 10 days to speak to a manager and i get fobbed of, 4 times via phone, once via email and no one gets back to me.

Today when the engineers left i rang the company again and said i wanted a refund again i could not speak to a manager, then in minutes i got a call from the engineers company (who had told me they were separate from care co and would take a couple of days for the report to go through) to say that a part has been ordered i went through it all again.

I feel they are pushing a repair on me and giving me no option as no one will communicate with me, any ideas on what i can do next and what are my rights.

Many thanks for any advice and for reading

Evening Sb.

TBH, they have to be given the opportunity to repair the scooter, which they have done, or are going to do.

ALTHOUGH it has failed within six months of purchase, so could be deemed as faulty from the start, so should be replaced.

Have you asked them if they will replace the scooter?

I'd recommend sending your complaint in writing, rather than the phone, unless you can record your calls?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you for your advice Bazooka Boo much appreciated they have offered to repair but i know when I've lost confidence in something like this scooter as it almost stooped when crossing a road and the anxiety i get i will find it difficult to go out alone or often for fear of it doing the same even if repaired so it becomes not fit for purpose for me as the reason i got it was to get me out more.

I understand that the Consumers Act says that a repair or replacement unless it would cause significant inconvenience which i believe applies to me.

The company as well as been appalling.