RAC insurance - Missed direct debit fee

angnnig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Our car insurance has charged us £25 missed direct debit fee because there wasn't enough money in our account to cover the insurance payment , this wasn't our fault and as caused by sky,they didn't warn us that our payment to them doubled as our special offer had ended and it clashed with the motor insurance payment. Is there any point in trying to get the fee waived or not.

Thanks for any replies

Penalty fees for whatever are unlawull under FCA rules

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

These fees are often charged by companies used to provide finance to cover payment by monthly DD. It is not often explained by the Insurers concerned that by paying monthly the customer is entering into a credit arrangement, with a set of terms/conditions applying. These include a £25 fee for an unpaid DD which is supposed to relate to costs incurred and not a penalty. Also if a DD is returned unpaid more than once, they can often terminate the instalment arrangement, asking for the full premium to be paid for the rest of the year or the policy will be cancelled.

You can always challenge these fees and request a breakdown calculation of how they arrived at the amount to cover their costs. If they fail to justify them, then they should waive them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No template as far as i know.

You just write asking for a breakdown calculation of the £25 fee to evidence that it represents costs incurred and not a penalty, per FCA rules on such fees.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi ang,

If its the first time its happened with insurers then you may be abke to negotiate them waiving it on this occasion. Ive managed that on numerous occasions with various insurers.

Who is the insurer?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Initially i would ring them, as its the first one missed they shoukd be able to wave the fee if you blame it on sky not issuing you with the correct bill and overcharging, causing the issue

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol: