style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I remember those GATT trade talks always in the news a good few years back.  I used to switch off the news I was so bored with it. That is how many feel about the Brexit trade talks, hence why Johnson knows he can BS about Brexit being done etc. No one is paying attention, because it's boring and people cannot relate it to everyday life

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Jaguar Land Rover are cutting jobs in Halewood.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/jan/22/jaguar-land-rover-to-cut-up-to-500-jobs-at-halewood-factory

The way it's heading with JLR and with Nissan over Brexit, we may not need to worry about the US putting surcharges on UK vehicles if the government decides to tax the internet giants.

Illegitimi non carborundum

For those who find tweets a wee twit

Dr Phillipa Whitford on the real issues re UK fisheries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1izkOiSIeY

brexit-fishing-comparative-chart-of-export-processes_.pdf

Edited by tobyjugg2
Adding interactive link

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

added a pdf which shows the Brexit UK processes compared to old

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

She absolutely nails it

Particularly the Brexiters never ending moans about the EU common fisheries doing this that and the other

- when in reality it isn't the EU, its those specific Brexiter cliques of politicians driving the UK's decisions causing those issues ... for the UKs fisheries

like selling off UK quotas/access to none UK fishing fleets and managing the rest for their pals companies profits at the expense of actual UK fisherman

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

What we predicted about being dictated to by the US is happening.

' Another US-UK row provided further evidence of a hostile, almost predatory pattern of US behaviour, apparently fuelled by perceptions of British weakness.'

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/26/the-observer-view-us-bullying-tax-tech-must-be-resisted

Illegitimi non carborundum

You don't get a good deal from the USA, look at all the tech we gave them during and after World War II, then they tried to stop us using the tech we invented and provided to them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Perhaps Brexit will prove to be a wake up call, to those who believe that the UK can be a strong independent country, able to make decisions, without too many complex  foreign relationships to think about.

The reality will be that the UK economy relies so much on foreign decisions,  that it cannot really be independent, apart from having a deluded spirit.

Take the recent issue of BAE wanting to sell to Saudi Arabia.  This relied on German manufacturers to make some of the parts required and the German Government currently have a restriction on selling some items to Saudi Arabia, because of the alleged assassination of a Journalist. 

Cannot see any permanent deal with the EU by the end of 2020.  Transition will be extended by 12 months as a minimum. Too many complicated issues to sort out and not just involving the EU. 

I thought the EU had ruled out a very basic deal with  many outstanding aspects to be dealt with later ?

I cannot see any deal being agreed by 31/12/20 that is comprehensive enough to satisfy UK and EU, plus all EU Countries. 

1 hour ago, buckthorn said:

for all your gloom and doom you have not got an answer,

that link was from a German reporter on one of their papers

so I would sooner believe him than some of the rubbish you lot keep spewing up. live with it.

What doom and gloom are you talking about,i just linked you to and article in newspaper,What rubbish have i spewed out.You should look around and see the  rubbish those papers you linked to spew out.

• Like 1

There is still a nasty split, and the Fwee Twaders are making it worse.  EEA/EFTA was sensible way if any, but hard core  Remain won't accept even that as it's Leave.   Our Politicians are useless.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Johnson is playing a pretty good game while the corbynistas continue to prove they are anything but with their  'more democratic party' where rules are changed when the Corbynistas break them, and they try to ensure that even if they lose, there people are in permanent positions when the hard working troops lose their jobs.

Corbyn allies ‘line up top jobs before new Labour leader is elected’

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/26/corbyn-allies-line-up-top-jobs-before-new-leader-elected

Rebecca Long-Bailey broke Labour leadership rules but was cleared by Corbyn allies

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/rebecca-long-bailey-labour-leadership-rules-broken-corbyn-election-latest-a9300891.html

While Johnson consolidates his wins from Labour

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/26/northern-rail-to-be-renationalised-and-some-beeching-closures-reversed

" Blyth Valley, a former Labour stronghold in the north-east that turned Conservative in the election and presaged the collapse of the “red wall”, is likely to be among the first places to benefit from the reopening of passenger services. "

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

56 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

There is still a nasty split, and the Fwee Twaders are making it worse.  EEA/EFTA was sensible way if any, but hard core  Remain won't accept even that as it's Leave.   Our Politicians are useless.

and the hard Brexiters wont accept anything but a complete break ... despite their apparent stance on US deal rule taking.

;-/

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks