Scandal as war heroes’ charity millions vanish

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Scandal as war heroes’ charity millions vanish

Millions of pounds of public money meant to help war veterans has disappeared into unknown charities that have delivered little or nothing, promoted unproven “voodoo” therapies or vanished.

READ MORE HERE: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/scandal-of-war-vets-vanished-charity-funds-mjxnd79pw

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

£5m of war heroes' charity money was spent on unproven therapies or 'vanished'

Public money meant to help war veterans has been spent on charities that have promoted unproven therapies, failed to deliver services or simply vanished.

The millions were drawn from the £35m ($45.5m) fund, established in 2012 by then chancellor George Osborne from fines given to bankers involved in the Libor scandal, to provide support for veterans.

The donations ranged in size from £414,000, given to a charity called Veterans Outreach Support, to the largest single amount of £2.56m, which went to Veterans First Point (VIP).

The Warrior Programme also received £933,000 from the fund which gave veterans "timeline therapy" and neurolinguistic programming, and claimed it could completely remove" post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) "in less than three days".

READ MORE HERE: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/5m-war-heroes-charity-money-was-spent-unproven-therapies-vanished-1581938

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You have to ask who was overseeing these payments??

I believe it was the Tory Veterans minister Anna Soubry who also claimed the cost of delivering Remembrance Day poppy wreaths on expenses to constituents to honour the war dead on her behalf.

The whole thing stinks

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-minister-anna-soubry-claimed-5878478

Not all of the money has been unwisely spent. There are many very good projects out there, and I can tell you from experience that there are checks in place now to ensure that what was promised is being delivered.

I cannot, though, understand why anyone would give money to anything involving NLP, and anyone who claims to be able to resolve PTSD completely is a snake-oil salesman. The government are not alone in being taken in by such claims, however. There are many, many small charities, a lot of them started by veterans, that latch on to some sort of unproven therapy, make claims about it and become very defensive if asked for clinical evidence. There are a number of military charities that provide a nice living for their founder and his family, but little else. All of these organisations may appear plausible, and they get money from various sources.

But it would be a mistake to think that LIBOR money (now called Covenant funding) is easy to get; it requires very well written bids backed up by data, and there are now checks to ensure that the money is being spent as intended.

As a service user of Veterans Outreach Support (VOS) in Portsmouth, I can categorically say that this charity provides a superb 'one drop shop' the first Wednesday of every month.

I have been going there for over five years now, and it has 'most' of the charities who're able to assist veterans in their fight against LA's and Govt bureaucracy.

Yes they trialled CST for a while, and most guys who had that therapy couldn't praise it enough!

As with everything, what works for one person doesn't work for the other, I had EFT, (emotional freedom technique) or 'tapping' and that worked for me incredibly well.

The whole point of VOS is to enable veterans and their families to tap into a wealth of knowledge all housed under one roof, occasionally you'll get the usual rif raf from the council turn up just to get there ugly in the press, the council 'leader' and the local MP, but you'll never see them each month answering veterans questions about why they treat us with contempt.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!