Paying Off Scottish Gas Bill for past 19 months - no statement received?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been paying off a British Gas account for the past 18 months. I've a dispute going on with regards the amount as they've billed me for an additional 6 months useage despite supplying meter readings when I left the property.

They've acknowledged their error and I am currently waiting on resolution.

Ialso issued them with a DSAR which has just gone over 40 days so the LBA is in the post today.

The values on my Credit File in no way represent the true owed amounts nor have they registered the 18 months of payments I have made. It simply says I am 6 payments behind and have been that way for the past 2 years.

Despite the bills being wrong I have no issue with regards me owing a sum to them hence arranging a payment plan however fo the past 18 months I have not received any statement of my account.

Are they required to issue me a statement every 12 months to see the status of the account and the amount still owed?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I had a similar thing with British Gas. They allowed me to pay £5.00 a week and sent me a payment card. They updated my credit file for six months with arrangement to pay markers rather than a default.

If you wish to know the balance just phone they will tell you or send you out a statement . The repayment plan when accepted would have listed when eaach payment is due in the repayment schedule until the bill is clear.

To be honest i found British Gas to be more than reasonable as long as you stick to that routine and will not trash your credit file

I did agree the payment plan and have stuck to it. It's taken 188 months for the disupte over the actuall bill to come close to a resolution however they've trashed my credit file with 18 months of 6 payment behind markers.

The initial issue is I contacted them via letter after I moved out the property with final meter readings, new contact address and a request for a final bill.

I would then have arranged a payment plan however after 6 months I hadn't received anything and a debt management company contacted me. I then spoke to BG directly and arrange a £15 a month plan however the Debt management company are still chasing me, the payments haven't been updated on my credit file and I still haven't got an accurate final bill (They have issued estimated readings for 6 months after i moved out the property)

They have until the 12th of this month to complete the complaints procedure then it's to be escalated.

I just wondered what my options were, and what their obligations were. I was sure that with other finance means they had to issue a statement of the account every 12 months.