HELP - Ancestry.com has taken two payments from my current account ?

bilabonics
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I only just noticed that £13.99 had been taken from my Santander123 cureent account by Ancestry.com via DD !!!!!!

I checked the DD and it states it started on 29/07/16 and i most DEFINITELY did not start/confirm this Direct Debit.

Thus far they have taken £13.99 on 29/07/16 and today 02/09/16 !!!!!!

How do i go about cancelling this, i can not recall using this service !!!!!

I have an excellent credit rating and am more worried about it effecting that.

Also i have no details of an account with them, so would not know how to even 'log in' to cancel it on their site.

Anyone advise.

Thanks

Little update, i had full info on the DD, it has been taken by -

Payee name:

GLOBAL COLLECT BV RE ANCESTRY.COM

I have NEVER authorised this !!!

Anyone advise ?

Thanks

Ring your bank and reclaim them under the DD guarantee, at the same time cancelling the DD and ANY CPA that might be attached to it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ring your bank and reclaim them under the DD guarantee, at the same time cancelling the DD and ANY CPA that might be attached to it.

Do i need to contact Ancestry ?

I would not know even to say as i have NO DETAILS except the DD that has suddenly appeared from now where ??

Thanks for reply.

IMO, at this point I wouldn't bother with Ancestry, just get the bank to refund the payments, and cancel the DD and any CPA that may have been set up on your account.

Check your credit files for free, either with Noddle or clearscore, and see if there's anything on there.

Then keep a close eye on your bank statements for any unusual activity.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

so you have never signed up to the free 30day trial?

if not simply phone your bank and invoke the DD guarantee

no need to involve ancestry at all.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I 'may' have done so YEARS ago but 100% have not withing the last last 8/9 years !!!

I most DEFINITELY have not signed up to anything recently or this year,

plus if i had i would of cancelled immediately after signing up..

.I am very careful with these sort of sites and understand completely how they work....

I have checked Noddle and can see nothing untoward, my credit rating is 5//5 and 651/710...

ALL my passwords etc are offline and 100% safe so i have no idea how theis DD has just appeared,

i will give Santander a ring Monday when i get chance.

Thanks for advice guys.

Little update, i have just spoken to Santander an they have refunded the 2 payments and are investigating the case.

They did state they 'could' pursue for the payments !!!

Not sure what proof they have as i have NOT signed up to a DD with them !!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Little update, i have just spoken to Santander an they have refunded the 2 payments and are investigating the case.

Just means that if Ancestry do argue that you owe this money, then Satans bank will pay the funds back out.

As long as my credit rating is not affected then i'm not overly concerned, i checked Experian and it's 999. :-D

Excellent :thumb: keep an eye on it just in case.

Not under the DD guarantee. They would have to write to you and start collection activity. Theres no way they could simply retake it via DD

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Not under the DD guarantee. They would have to write to you and start collection activity. Theres no way they could simply retake it via DD

Good to know!! :thumb: