Acenden, Spml, Eurosail, Ge money. Are these all same company?

cruzhughes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes a few readings to "get your eye in". Is a copy of the original loan agreement there? What is the figure for repayments monthy - put that into an on-line mortgage repayment calculator and see what it tells you. What have they redacted from the phone transcripts? Is the transaction audit trail complete - go through it with the proverbial finetooth comb - look especially at what happened during the first two or three years.

I've found that it's just over 8% but I've noticed its variable.

My Morgage repayments have decreased since around 2008 not a lot out of transcripts there aren't many of them.

But one thing that keeps cropping up is a* and the bits that would seem to tell more are blanked out.

One thing I have come across that there were 5 ccjs on credit report done with Morgage in 2006 dated from 2001 to 2005 very small amounts ranging from £100 up to £1000..

Thanks for your advice.

I find it weird how they've put 10 years of insurance documents in.

If they took all them out the sar would be a quarter of the file.

One thing is of interest is that an Loan I'm already disputing with another company in their sar paperwork it looks like a company called Lerwick finance paid off a loan in 2006 around the same time as my Morgage was taken out with spml and the solicitors office who signed off the paperwork was a few doors away to this Lerwick company.

And around 30 grand my Morgage went up from it being with principality from 2001 for 42000 and then with spml/capstone/euro sail it started at 70000 in 2006

On this covering letter about sar. Do they have to provide the stuff they've omitted second paragraph 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7

Whether or not they do they won't, and your energies would be probably more usefully spent concentrating on the other information. Are the "borrower's notes" included? My borrower's notes contained an absolute bombshell.

(MIRAS - Mortgage Interest Relief At Source - was abolished in 2000.)

I find it weird how they've put 10 years of insurance documents in. If they took all them out the sar would be a quarter of the file.

That's what a Subject Access Request is meant to result in - everything, everything being sent to you.

You need to do your own calculation from day one, of what you should have paid, to arrive at the true picture of where you should be now.

Look out, in the transaction records, for Acenden adding interest to fees and charges. The FCA does not permit that - "farming" the debt.

As it is an SPML-originated mortgage, could I ask who the payee is for your DDs - is it one of the Eurosails? This is important because SPML is has only one director, no employees, no premises and has not been the beneficiary of the legal charge (the mortgage) of any SPML-originated mortgages since early 2009. SPML owns only the title, the brand.

As it is an SPML-originated mortgage, could I ask who the payee is for your DDs - is it one of the Eurosails? This is important because SPML is has only one director, no employees, no premises and has not been the beneficiary of the legal charge (the mortgage) of any SPML-originated mortgages since early 2009. SPML owns only the title, the brand.

All the SPML mortgages got securitized pretty soon after they were created into one of the quarterly products, the actual original "money" originated with Lehman Brothers. You used to be able to tell which eurosail because you had to specify it on the house insurance but that is no longer necessary (at least I haven't had to).

Yes, the money was provided by Storm Funding, which went into administration two or three years ago. You can read the PwC administrators' reports on the PwC web site. They are up to the 14th report now.

You used to be able to tell which eurosail because you had to specify it on the house insurance but that is no longer necessary (at least I haven't had to).

Acenden told you it is no longer necessary, I guess, as they told me, too. But the Eurosail prospectuses filed at the Irish Stock Exchange to comply with EU Directives (on money-laundering etc) stipulate that the Eurosail (whichever it is) gets the payout from any insurance claim. I worried that, by not specifically noting Eurosail as a party with a financial interest in the buildings insurance, that gave Acenden another opportunity to inflate the insurance claim so as to have quite a bit for itself.

The borrowers notes have lots of words and sentences blanked out.

Lots! I don't think anything was blanked out on the borrower notes they sent me; that's why the "bombshell" was still readable.

I don't think that's acceptable. If I were you, I'd write to Acenden to ask them for an unredacted copy of the borrower notes. If they refuse, then I'd complain to the Data Commissioner.

Smpl re eurosail I pay now but before this there were variations of euro sail

Eurosail is the beneficiary of the legal charge, ie receives your mortgage repayments. SPML is only some sort of trustee of the collection account at the bank, now. And since 6 January 2015, when it was acquired by Blackstone, Acenden has had no connection whatsoever - in the company law sense of the word "connection" - with SPML. Which means that Acenden does not have the authority in law to instruct solicitors on behalf of SPML.

• 2 weeks later...

£104pcm insurance

£50 arrears man fee

And the other fixed sum fees

Litigation charges????

Did they take you to court then?

And was this you o ly mortgage why is there building ins?

Did you not have it already?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Unpaid direct debits? Litigation fee?? Interest charged on arrears? How can I claim insurance back I'm not sure what type it is could be be buildings.

According to old borrowers notes the threated me with court then I paid off arrears. But nothing further about actually going to court. Glenister, hays and excel mentioned in notes. Yes only Morgage on times I think had insurance with Halifax. But think they slapped it on as I didn't prove to them held other insurance. I am now in the process of taking out own insurance and getting theirs cancelled

According to notes I Was in arrears within 6 months of taking this Morgage out due to working away from home and my ex missus didn't pay the Morgage spent the money instead and must have binned letters but low and behold welcome finance paid the arrears. This gets better dx

You can reclaim:

Arrears management fees £50 a pop

Unpaid dd fees £25 a pop

Insurances £30 a month, (you may need to treat this separately a a mis selling claim)

Pop them all into a spready and use the interest rate they charge you in cell d15

You cant reclaim additional interest, thats charged on the capital when you miss a payment.

I would include any litigation fees aswell, if nothing else it gives you more room to negotiate down the road

Make sure you double check any fees you will be reclaiming havent been refunded already, i noticed the odd fee reversal on the statements

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Use an average over the term

I recently used 8% on a reclaim as it was an average over the term i had the mortgage, worked for me.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Brill thanks. Is there any reason why there are no charges on the staments from 2010 they are even in a different format. It's a few of the newer staments they have fefunded charges

You can reclaim:

Arrears management fees £50 a pop

Unpaid dd fees £25 a pop

Insurances £30 a month, (you may need to treat this separately a a mis selling claim)

Pop them all into a spready and use the interest rate they charge you in cell d15

You cant reclaim additional interest, thats charged on the capital when you miss a payment.

I would include any litigation fees aswell, if nothing else it gives you more room to negotiate down the road

Make sure you double check any fees you will be reclaiming havent been refunded already, i noticed the odd fee reversal on the statements

Which spreadsheet should I use?

Cisheet

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Brill thanks. Is there any reason why there are no charges on the staments from 2010 they are even in a different format. It's a few of the newer staments they have fefunded charges

Possibly because there were no charges applied

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

Found a cover of Nov 2010 to Aug 16 £180 in charges can't seem to find them within statement yet though

I can't put days elapsed on spreadsheet can I cos that only applies to Ppi doesn't it? So it's only the date and amount of charge and description isn't it?

ofcourse you can!

just pop them in the CISHEET at an avg APR in D15

you don't put in days elapsed

the spready does it for you...

and they

Depending on whether you are using open office or MS Office, you may need to enter the date of each charge in the american format.

IE january 27th 2014 would be entered as 1/27/2013 unless you change the settings in office to "English(uk)" from "English(USA)

It shiuld then calculate the days elapsed correctly and the interest

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

I would always include them as it gives you more leverage to negotiate any settlement.

If the legal charges relate to any court action then leave them out, if they are related to court threatograms then yes, include them

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

I second the suggestion that you put all these figures into your own spreadsheet. Acenden's noddy accounting software doesn't make it clear, though, when they add interest to their own charges (which they are not permitted to do) and then add that to the capital. Your spreadsheet needs to have two interest columns - interest on loan balance outstanding, and interest charged by Acenden on their charges (claim all of this back).

Any amount that you are reclaiming, you can add statutory 8% interest per year.

If you had buildings insurance at the time and can produce the policy documents now, then claim that back, too. If you didn't have buildings insurance or cannot find the policy documents, then you probably don't have an argument for claiming it back: they are entitled to add your property to their block policy, if you aren't insuring the property.

I second the suggestion that you put all these figures into your own spreadsheet. Acenden's noddy accounting software doesn't make it clear, though, when they add interest to their own charges (which they are not permitted to do) and then add that to the capital. Your spreadsheet needs to have two interest columns - interest on loan balance outstanding, and interest charged by Acenden on their charges (claim all of this back).

Any amount that you are reclaiming, you can add statutory 8% interest per year.

Can't claim both ...either its int at their rate under restitution or court 8%_

and they