EricTheRed V Mbna

EricTheRed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had another letter from MBNA this and it really must have their backs up timeI've had most of my charges back and applied to the credit card balance even though I informed them that it wasn't acceptable as they haven't confirmed that the defaults are still there. I have had a letter from them telling me that they will no longer respond to my letters regarding my account and I should deal with the FSA. How dare they refund the charges to the account thus inferring that I had accepted their offer. I expressly stated that this was not part of the deal and that any defaults must be taken of the relevant register.

not as bad as it seems really Eric. Go after the other £175 throught the courts and get rid of the defaults that way. We must be well past your deadline now surely ? Perhaps try one last call to the advocates office. give them until the end of the day to come up with the goods and then issue summons via mcol. That's what i would do as I think you are getting really frustrated (rightly so). So don't let them get you down, take control of matters once again !

If it's any help - they told me over the phone a couple of times that there was no chance that they would refund any more of the charges than what it took to clear the balance. Two days before I was going to move for judgement the same guy (Gareth) was on the phone offering a cheque in the post for the full amount including the interest + charges that i'd now added on.

I hadnt updated here because it was only two days ago and i was going to wait to actually get the cheque before I posted about it.

But I think that you are going to have to go to the next step of claiming, it seems to be the only way forward. What I did btw on the forms was showed the full amount + interest and then also put ' - partial payment of £x.xx = £x.xx and this is what im claiming for ' - there's also an option to tick or something to claim for the charges as well and it adds it on to the total for you.

hth

Successfully claimed £620 from MBNA

Successfully claimed £350 from Natwest

Assisted other half to claim £820 from Barclays

Helped a friend claim back approx £250 from Halifax.

Just a quick note to say 'Good Luck' Eric.

Fighting the banks is frustrating at times, other times it's totally demoralising, but hang on in there and fight this bunch of wasters masquerading as a responsible financial institution to the very end.

You've got a lot of support out here from fellow 'sufferers' ;)

Worz

I used to be a dummy, stuffed full of straw and standing in the field of life. And like the straw-filled dummy I was I accepted my lot in life and carried on, tied to a stake in the miserable field of depression as the elements beat me day and night. But there came a time when the elements had gone too far and the string holding me to the stake fell rotten to the ground. The elements had tried to beat me, but instead had set me free!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 08 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks