N Power problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I took N Power to Ofgem at the end of last year as they were not addressing my complaint

- mainly that they kept saying that the block on my account had been removed (when it hadn't)

and I was unable to transfer to another provider.

.due to arrears.

.that were their fault as they had failed to claim my direct debit for 5 months one year and 7 months the next!!

(new systems apparently).

they were told they had to provide me with statements (which mean nothing as they do not detail anything!!)

and also allow me to set up a payment plan to move the electric from them (gas already moved).

I have been chasing this for the last 4 months (constantly ringing to be given varying excuses as to why it can't be done at that time) to no avail.

I have received varying bills - both of which (gas and elec) were in arrears.

I have referred this to the complaints team and they are not much better tbh!

apparently I am in credit by over £100 on my gas.

I was told today that I am not getting a refund as I am in arrears on my electricity account

and they will transfer this money to that.

Are they able to do this??

I'm confused as:-

1/ they claim it is still a 'dual fuel' account on the same account number we have always had.

2/ They have not been supplying gas for well over 6 months - so therefore it is (or should not be) a dual fuel account!!

Initially, I was advised that they would have to split the accounts as we were no longer with them for gas,

Now, this has changed - conveniently as the gas account has a credit on it.

Where do I stand please? as I feel they are just making it up as they go along to suit them.

Thanks in advance.

Foxy