Brent : Teaching Assistant. - URGENT Help Needed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, thanking you in advance.

My sister is a teachers assistant working in North West London and the council is Brent

so I am assuming that her main body of authority is Brent Education or something.

she has been doing the same job for 10 years. Same school.

First head teacher was a “cow” vicious, rude and arrogant and everyone hated her.

She retired before she went she made my sisters life hell.

Second head teacher is different as some how her duties means shes not 100% at the school.

For 9 years my sister was Special needs Teaching Assistant.

Now for last year or so is a General Teachers Assistant.

Her current teacher, main teacher in the class room is making her life hell which is border line physiological torture, torment.

These are not strong words these are correct descriptive words.

My sister has zero evidence for any of the abuse.

Sometimes even physical abuse such as being pushed or being pulled.

From what other Teaching Assistants have told me, most teachers treat them like slaves

and for some reason all of them are afraid to talk, take action.

1. do they not have normal contracts like all employees in the UK with the same rights?

2. Can they be dismissed at any given moment at the discretion of the head teacher?

3. Following on from question 2,

can they be made redundant at any given moment and being sacked or being made redundant the same?

1. Should the Teaching Assistants be sub-servants to the Teachers or be equal in law and work as a team?

I have requested my sister to note date and time of all conflicts and discuss this matter with no one until we understand her legal position and possible actions she can take.

My sister needs to job for more reasons other then money.

Please help and advise.

Ali

1. I don't know, I cant see her contract from here

2. Same as 1)

3. Same as 1)

4. That's a fundamental question about the nature of our society there....not employment law

This feels like a bit of a vent, which I can understand.

What union is your sister, and her colleagues, a member of? Collective action seems the way to go.

We do need to know about her contract - zero hours, permanent, length of service etc

I also suggest that your sister come here and post herself. That will be easier for everyone than working through the translations of a 3rd party.

Finally, what actual outcome is sought? I would be moving jobs myself. If it is as awful as you describe then the fight is not worth it.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!