severe premium disabillity ,could i lose it?

house3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello ,lovely to be back.:-)

Yes just a little bit about what i am recieving, since this year, and all income based . Had Pip awarded ,standered care for 4 years, also on Esa assessement phase , 9 weeks in. On severe premium disability too.

What i am asking please is when i go for my esa medical,and say i fail, which i should not ,but you never know with them ,Would i lose the disability premium as it has been a godsend.

Its Helping so much after being unwell for years with chronic joint pains and having little income, it really helps along with pip benefit with transport ,online food shop etc..

Would someone please be able to tell me if what are the reasons i could lose this benefit please? i live alone too.

Thankyou for any replies in advance.xx

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Your Severe Disability Premium (SDP) is not directly affected by the result of the medical (WCA). Should you fail the WCA and be found fit for work, you have a couple of options. Probably what you would want to do is to request Mandatory Reconsideration of the decision with a view to making a formal appeal. Once the Mandatory Reconsideration is complete (and assuming they don't find in your favour - if they do, problem solved) you can submit your appeal and request to be paid at the assessment rate while waiting for it to be heard. In this case your SDP would remain in payment.

Your SDP would stop if:

• You stop being entitled to the Care Component of PIP
  • Someone claim and is awarded Carers Allowance for you
  • Somone moves in with you

With regards to the last one, certain people don't count as living with you for SDP purposes, such as:

• People under 18
  • Joint tenants
  • A lodger, if you own the house, or a sub-tenant if you rent
  • A landlord who is not related to you
  • A person who is registered blind

and probably a few others that I've forgotten.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thank you very much Antone,:-D

the thing that troubled me was that i get it all rolled in together with my E.S.A, It is £134.95 a week,so on my bank statement it says E.S.A . And thats why i was getting worried about it, if i was to fail the esa medical, as my home pip assesment was laughable ,lots of contradictions in the statement

i should of appealed really,but was so ill ,was pleased though to have the standered care in pip .

it does not say at all ,severe disability premium on any of the money recieved from dwp , just esa.. am confussed now ,thinking about it.You think i should give E.s a a ring . I will look through my letters..

Yes it says on the letter your living expenses £73.10.

Extra money as you are severerely disabled £61.85

I never even knew about the the sdp benefit, they sent me a small form to fill in a coulpe of months ago, so i am glad i did send it back to them.

cheers .:-)

Your Severe Disability Premium (SDP) is not directly affected by the result of the medical (WCA). Should you fail the WCA and be found fit for work, you have a couple of options. Probably what you would want to do is to request Mandatory Reconsideration of the decision with a view to making a formal appeal. Once the Mandatory Reconsideration is complete (and assuming they don't find in your favour - if they do, problem solved) you can submit your appeal and request to be paid at the assessment rate while waiting for it to be heard. In this case your SDP would remain in payment.

Your SDP would stop if:

• You stop being entitled to the Care Component of PIP
  • Someone claim and is awarded Carers Allowance for you
  • Somone moves in with you

With regards to the last one, certain people don't count as living with you for SDP purposes, such as:

• People under 18
  • Joint tenants
  • A lodger, if you own the house, or a sub-tenant if you rent
  • A landlord who is not related to you
  • A person who is registered blind

and probably a few others that I've forgotten.

Only one thing incorrect with what you have said, and that is following a unsuccessful MR ,You cannot be paid esa assessment rate until the HMCTS has sent the DWP notice of the appeal and they have input that onto their systems which can take 4-6weeks from them receiving the SSCS1 and a copy of the MR decision notice assuming no backlogs exist, as to if that will affect the SDP i don't know

Only one thing incorrect with what you have said, and that is following a unsuccessful MR ,You cannot be paid esa assessment rate until the HMCTS has sent the DWP notice of the appeal and they have input that onto their systems which can take 4-6weeks from them receiving the SSCS1 and a copy of the MR decision notice assuming no backlogs exist, as to if that will affect the SDP i don't know

Correction noted, thanks. The extra delay you refer to might delay payment of the SDP, but should not have any bearing on entitlement.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.