BrightHouse refurbished product advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I went into store to look at getting the MacBook Air as advertised on their website.

I went through all the nitty gritty, such as providing proof of income etc,

after going through everything it came back that I was accepted,

the weekly payment amount I was giving wasn't enough for a "brand new" Macbook Air,

the lady in the store mentioned I could go for a "refurbished" one,

I was hesitate about this as you don't know the background of the item.

asked her if I could look at it first, she said this would be fine,

I would need to wait for it to be delivered to the store,

after signing all the paperwork she said she will give me a call on Thursday when it comes into store

and I can come and look at it,

then if I decide to go ahead with it I will have to wait for it to be delivered by Saturday

as apparently since it's my first time they have to deliver it.

She said that I could simply cancel the contract there and then and don't have to go ahead with it

if let's say I didn't find the condition of the laptop to my standard etc.

Now here is where I would like Consumer Action's advice,

when I go to check the laptop on Thursday, since the product is "refurbished",

could they try and hand me off a different model without me being aware of it?

One reason I ask this is because the the cash price for the product shows as £664.51 on the contract,

now I've seen these laptops for sale for more than this price online,

I've even seen these for sale as refurbished for pretty much around the same price,

the total amount of credit altogether is £1015.00,

I do feel this is quite reasonable for a company like BrightHouse,

taking in the fact I could probably have this paid off well before the 70 weekly payments,

so I won't pay nowhere near the £1015.00.

Not sure if this is relevant,

but on the contract, it's called a APPLE MACBOOK AIR 13IN SI, the SI is bugging me, may be nothing. Any idea?

Edited by ds23

Why the hell would you go to brighthouse, pay their extortionate charges and prices.... for a REFURBISHED ITEM? People have issues paying their prices for a brand new one.

Cancel your agreement with brighthouse and find somewhere else. Trust me. You have no idea of the world of trouble you are about to enter into.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

and ofcourse the hidden insurances that they charge in full regardless to if you settle early.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and ofcourse the hidden insurances that they charge in full regardless to if you settle early.

dx

I'm providing them with proof of my insurance on Thursday, I told them I don't wish to have there insurance as I have my own. They said this would be fine.

Check the age and exact spec of the laptop and then compare prices of similar models on the net.

If you have a decent credit rating, you may well find a better deal elsewhere.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I'm providing them with proof of my insurance on Thursday, I told them I don't wish to have there insurance as I have my own. They said this would be fine.

5 star its hidden you cant cancel it

http://www.brighthouse.co.uk/faqs/

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

5 star its hidden you cant cancel it

Its an option again since 27th april 2015 they changed the inclusive insurance

N0.8 in the link

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

ta

I like the page not found link

when you try and delve further...

dx

and they

Yup same here "Page not found".

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

link works fine, just expand point 8 on the page

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Definitely check the model and spec, BH will probably be providing the poverty spec model, with minimal RAM, and small hard drive.

Like I-Phones, MacBooks are not born equal.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I think the JL one is the next model up.

Anyway as was said check the spec. Apple release new models every year. There will be a model number etched on the rear, check that on google and you will see what the real spec is.

You can buy refurbished models from Apple at reduced prices if you want to go far route. Probably safer than the BH version.

JL one is similar spec, 4Gb RAM and a 128 gig SSD, the Currys/PC World is higher spec with 8 Gig RAM and 256 Gig SSD, so double the RAM and storage. Only consider BH if no credit elsewhere, and even then it is a very risky option.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Good Morning Ds23, As this is a public forum, I ask that you email customer.relations@brighthouse.co.uk (quoting your CAG reference in the subject line which is 274235). Once we have been able to establish your account details, we will help you in any way we can and will be able to advise you of your options. Alternatively, I would encourage you to consider contacting our Customer Relations Team on 0800 526 069 as this would allow for us to discuss your concerns with you directly and allow for a speedier resolution.

Many Thanks Rahul(Web Relations Team)

Good Morning Ds23, As this is a public forum, I ask that you email (quoting your CAG reference in the subject line which is 274235). Once we have been able to establish your account details, we will help you in any way we can and will be able to advise you of your options. Alternatively, I would encourage you to consider contacting our Customer Relations Team on 0800 526 069 as this would allow for us to discuss your concerns with you directly and allow for a speedier resolution.

Many Thanks Rahul(Web Relations Team)

Hi Rahul,

I just seen your reply on my thread, I thought I'd quickly reply.

I've tried contacting Customer Relations with my questions multiple times

however I'm told the best people to speak to is the store,

however I don't find the store very helpful.

I've just called earlier today to once again try and get my questions answered,

I got the same response,

I've asked what they are there for,

they said it's mainly for complaints,

so I don't see how you telling me to contact Customer Relations is very helpful to be honest.

One of my main questions is whether I'm able to pay lump sums off the laptop at anytime,

the store staff seem to not want to give me a straight answer to this question,

their reply is simply that they can provide me with a settlement figure if I ever wanted to do that,

however that is not what I was asking,

I am simply asking if I can pay a large sum anytime I want to obviously clear the balance sooner,

however I'm still unable to get a straight answer on this question,

therefore I'd appreciate your response on this.

My other concern, was that the laptop name had "SI" on the end of it on the contract,

I just wanted to know what this stands for?

I'm seriously reconsidering cancelling. I'm not asking much.

You won't get any sense out of brighthouse. Head office shrugs off all responsibility onto the store, who in turn are trained to harass, berate and misinform you into giving them more money. Have a good read of the threads on this forum. You'll soon see the type of company they really are

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

You won't get any sense out of brighthouse. Head office shrugs off all responsibility onto the store, who in turn are trained to harass, berate and misinform you into giving them more money. Have a good read of the threads on this forum. You'll soon see the type of company they really are

I'm starting to see this now, I haven't even been a customer a week now and already seem to be struggling to get the most simplest of concerns answered. Frustrating!

I'm starting to see this now, I haven't even been a customer a week now and already seem to be struggling to get the most simplest of concerns answered. Frustrating!

It doesnt get any better at all. This is all part and parcel of their business practices.

You might well be better off looking elsewhere, so long as you can get credit.

• 2 weeks later...

Just like to let people know

I didn't go ahead with this company, terrible idea,

not sure why I even considered doing this due to my financial situation in the first place,

however we all do stupid thing's.

I can confirm in the short period of dealing with this company it was a complete nightmare,

and this was only within the 1st week.

I'd recommend anyone looking to go with BH to seriously reconsider,

it may be nice to actually be able to get something which you may of not been able to afford off the bat,

however if there's one thing I've learned, if you really want something, save for it.

I'll never consider a company like this again! I appreciate the heads up from this site. :-)

10/10

well done!!

dx

and they