Vulnerable debtors...should all bailiff fees be removed....should the account be returned to the council/creditor?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ahem yes.

A more interesting point wold be to discover what it is the authority is supposed to do if and when a debt is returned.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hear, hear! I have reported DB's last post as being designed to inflame. It is easier to report than reply and have yet another thread closed.

It's a shame we cannot discuss sensibly without personal digs of someone posting for other people or whatever (either on this forum or by people phoning each other up!) It all ends up coming out on here and this mess is the result.

Sensible discussion might get somewhere, as would toleranceby all of differing opinions. Personal abuse is totally pointless. I agree with you 100% the petty squabbling on here (and behind the scenes by some) should stop. We've been warned, we'd do well to heed Stu's warning. All of us are fed up with it.

So am i so pack it in.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

what it is the authority is supposed to do if and when a debt is returned.

They have the full range of options available to them again. I believe, though may be wrong, that many agree affordable repayment plans directly with the debtor - I've certainly seen this 'claimed' numerous times on Facebook pages, but of course we don't know if they are actually genuine cases. Too much council tax still remains uncollected which is a problem, as it only means those of us who do pay end up paying more.

This strays from the vulnerability aspect, but is worth discussing either here, agreeing to go off thread, or in a new thread.

For vulnerability accounts returned to the authority, I think most have a repayment arrangement set up of some sort. Many vulnerable accounts quite rightly remain with the enforcement company. One thing we've all agreed is that this has become such a big issue, as too many are trying to play the vulnerability card when no true vulnerability exists, or it is not one which means enforcement should be stopped, often just delayed.

I am more interested in how the debt would then be enforced, given that the bailiff option had been removed.

There after all is still a debt and there is still a debtor who ha demonstrated that they do not pay their bills, vulnerable or not.

So they enter a repayment plan which they then default on, who enforces, how i it enforced ?

If the warrant has been withdrawn, under what enforcement power would fees be payable?

You've now stated fees are not payable and they are payable on this thread, both statements cannot be correct. My words were chosen carefully - I stated fees; I did not specify compliance or enforcement stage fees.

Out of interest, when you state the institutions have to obey the law, I assume you are not stating the council cannot recall the account, as we know that not to be the case. We ALL have to obey the law.

BA's post is accurate enough for the moment. The debtor doesn't pay the fees unless agreed with the authority. We have zero evidenceother than hearsay this is becoming more common.

I'm going to leave you both to your comments though, as nothing will persuade you that anyone other than you can be right, which will result in yet another closed thread.

I thought this was a Micky take , it seems not as it is still there. So

First to last

No enforcement power the debt is withdrawn. I didn't say it was withdrawn, I said it was being withdrawn.

Fees are payable if the debt is still under an enforcement power and not if they are not, both statements are true.

Ye i am stating that the judge/ JB cannot find anything other than what is prescribed within the law, I was referring to the decision on this thread.

NO this is the case and is happening all the time, basically because it must. Her post is absolutely accurate, infuriating isn't it. Los of evidence also, just possibly none you have seen.

Hope that satisfies you and your buds.

Dodgeball your contributions over the years have been invaluable to many so I would hope that you choose to stay. It obviously has not gone unnoticed either by the Site Team or some of

the other regular contributors that an element of confrontation has crept into certain posts and I appreciate you are not the only one nor always the instigator. So no I would prefer you didn't go

but I am sure someone of your experience and intellect could find a middle course between what is going down on some threads and some sort of utopian ideal where everyone can have a point of view without eliciting any rancour.

Dodgeball your contributions over the years have been invaluable to many so I would hope that you choose to stay. It obviously has not gone unnoticed either by the Site Team or some of

the other regular contributors that an element of confrontation has crept into certain posts and I appreciate you are not the only one nor always the instigator. So no I would prefer you didn't go

but I am sure someone of your experience and intellect could find a middle course between what is going down on some threads and some sort of utopian ideal where everyone can have a point of view without eliciting any rancour.

Know something i dont UB :)

I would not presume to bore everyone with a rundown of my personal peccadilloes UB, but thank for the kind words, i think :)

Oopss sorry Lookingforinfo, no offence meant, call it a brain fart apologize to UB also.

Can we please stop this endless sqabbling. It does nothing to help anyone.

I entirely agree with this sentiment and it is one of the reasons I remain on the sidelines. I find CD's style of posting very strange these days and have thought on more than 1 occasion is it him or the directions of another. Not his normal style at all.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can we please stop this endless sqabbling. It does nothing to help anyone.

Hear hear, think I am getting sick of all the backbiting that doesn't help anyone. I feel like going to the dogs.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hear hear, think I am getting sick of all the backbiting that doesn't help anyone. I feel like going to the dogs.

Now your talking. Belle view dogs have a meet this week i believe, three course meal £20 worthies bitter on tap.

Off topic post unapproved.

This thread is getting very close to being closed for those of you that don't seem to understand my WARNING GIVEN

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

That would make a refreshing change

Now it looks like you are saying a day at the dogs would make a refreshing change, LOL

This Thread will now be Temporarily CLOSED

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks