Fare Evasion Provisionally Authorised for prosecution Help Needed Please Southeastern - ** SETTLED BEFORE COURT **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Firstly I would like to say thanks in advance for the help and advice i hope you can give me.

I had to run for my train last Friday which resulted in me not getting a ticket for my journey,

when I arrived at the station the ticket inspectors was there

so I had to ask if I could buy a ticket from my start station

to which the inspector asked me why i didn't have a ticket for my journey

and i proceeded to tell him i had to run for my train

and it was a complete error on my part

this had happened to me previously about 3 months ago where i got a £20 fine

he then told me he would have to submit for a bye law report

this morning i received this letter asking if i was the person who travelled etc.

i am guilty of travelling without a ticket for whatever reason

and was wondering if anyone is able to give me advice or help me draft a letter

how i go about this not going to court and hoping to get a settlement out of court.

Would they take into consideration that i use to travel to and from this station every day

and i can prove i have had yearly/monthly passes in my name for the past 23 years

and never been fined prior to the previous few months would they take this into account ?

I obviously don't want to get a Criminal Record as I'm in the process of applying for a mortgage

so I would much rather be able to settle this outside of any court hearing.

Any help greatly appreciated on this matter

Thanks

Scott

Hello Scott, welcome to CAG. The forum guys should be along later with advice for you.

We don't normally write letters for people, but we can give you an idea of what to write. If you put something together yourself from our pointers, we can review it for you, if that helps.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

brief

to the point

and grovelling.:lol:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So you were spoken to last Friday and you have received a letter less than a week later? That's unheard of in terms of speedy TOCs! Shame their trains aren't so prompt!

In a nutshell, you need to tell them what occurred and apologies, explaining that you ran for the train etc. Asking them if you can avoid court action by meeting any reasonable admin costs incurred. Worth also stating that you don't want to waste anyones time any further and thus want to avoid troubling the courts. The problem here is that you have had a previous Penalty Fare, which was your warning not to travel without first buying a ticket. With this in mind they may be less inclined to settle out of court. For the record, a Criminal Conviction shouldn't affect your mortgage application, it's more likely the civil outcome of a CCJ would do, but thats not relevant here. In any case, just take one step at a time.

• 1 month later...

Thanks all for help and hints

Sent grovelling apology letter etc and got an out of court settlement of £255.00

Quite steep really but much rather pay that than have a criminal record or go to court etc.

Thanks again and lesson very much learnt.

Hey well done

DX

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover its expenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

or by downloading our toolbar and using it to search the web instead of your normal search engine:-

http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php

Please help.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...