Mobile SIM Only - 14 Days Cancellation Period***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I recommended a friend to buy a SIM only contract from the same mobile company I am using to have more data on less price. She called the mobile company and took a SIM only contract.

Unfortunately the service of this particular network is very bad in her home area and she only gets 1 point on Signals bar, which make it very difficult to make and receive calls or use the 4G service for internet. Following is the contract details.

Order: 11/04/2016

Post Date: 12/04/2016

SIM Arrived: 13/04/2016

Contract Start: 13/04/2016

She called the network provider on 23/04/2016 to cancel the contract but she was told that there is some service improvement going on in her area, So she must wait until 25/04/2016 evening. If the service level is still low then she can call back on 26/04/2016 to cancel her contract.

She called the network yesterday, the Customer service guy told her that she is within 14 days of her contract and he is going to transfer to cancellation team to cancel the contract. Unfortunately the cancellation team member think otherwise, Cancellation team member asked my friend to check the delivery date on the letter received with SIM and tell what date is it? It was 12/04/2016.

So based on delivery (Postage Date) which is written 12/04/2016, they can not cancel the contract. After a long conversation the cancellation team agree to open a case for the management to listen to the conversation of Saturday 23/04/2016 and decide weather to cancel the contract or not. So my friend is still waiting for the call from Network Provider.

Today she received a welcome letter and first bill, on this letter Contract start date is 13/04/2016.

So based on above information, Can network provider be that stupid and lie to customers? She has submit a formal complaint to Network provider about the incident and she is going to complain to OFCOM aswell.

But is it fair for Call centre staff to lie to keep the customers for 12 months?

Name and shame plz... Whos the network?

I was not sure if I can do that or not. But since everybody is naming and shaming I would like to say it is Three UK. But same time I would like to say that I am with Three from last 5 years and customer service was always very friendly and even on this incident the customer service was polite and helpful. It was cancellation team who lied and refused to cancel the contract.

UPDATE:

Thanks to a thread on CAG which is here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?463176-Three-Mobile-Help-Required

An Email was sent to Three Executive Team on david.dyson@three.co.uk

30 Mints after this email, a customer service person from Three Called my friend, apologies about yesterday incident and cancelled the contract. He also send an email telling my friend that a complaint has been raised against the particular cancellation team member for lying and not cancelling the contract yesterday.

So basically thank to CAG team and all members.

Again at last I would like to say that I am with Three from long time and never ever had any complaints for network or even bills, So please dont take this Thread literally. At last they were very helpful.

I think they are terrible but that is my kettle of fish...

I love the network but hate the CS....

If its any help, please get in contact with;

david.dyson@three.co.uk
#

Entitle it formal complaint. Youll get it sorted.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Excellent news innocent_man ..thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I think they are terrible but that is my kettle of fish...

I love the network but hate the CS....

Absolutely. I use them (on a low cost longstanding contract that provides what I need, but with no expectation of customer service).

Great if it works, but awful when there are any problems.

I wouldn't recommend them except where it is a "sophisticated user" who knows just what they want, and how to achieve it, if the package fits the bill, and they expect ZERO customer service.