Acenden repossession court order

indistress
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am after some advice and to be pointed in the right direction.

I received a letter last month from Acenden, stating my arrears is £1522.82, I made a payment of

£300.62 on 31st Jan

£250.62 DD came out on 1st Jan

In mean time I received another letter in regards of an eviction notice issued (which I have dealt with and stopped) stating arrears are £1337.20, a difference of £185.62, there is no way on earth I could be charged, £365 for solicitors fees, it does state in the letter as follows:

If however you are unable to make an acceptable proposal for payment, regrettably Prefererred Mortgages may repossess your property and should you property be taken into possession, a Repossession Management Fee of £115.00 will be charged to your account until the property is sold.

In addition a Pre Property Pre Market Fee od £250 will be charged your account

This does add upto £365, BUT I have made a proposal of £600 and stop the eviction taken place, so in reality my arrears should be £371.58 not £737.20, which they will be claiming.

Do I need to call them or write a letter to them, this is the 1st time I have noticed this, so may have happened before, as I have been down this road before, where I have been in court.

I was also wondering once on my file as a possession order, how long is it there for, as I am aware that once arrears are cleared it is still there for a number of years.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it is worth checking up what these proposed these are all about. Are they mentioned in your original agreement? If not then how is it that they are being incorporated into the mortgage contract now.

Additionally if you are an arrears, then presumably you have been subject to arrears charges. It seems that recent decisions by the FSA have established quite categorically that mortgage arrears charges can only reflect administrative expenses and no more.

Please read http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?700-Hot-news-for-anyone-who-has-suffered-mortgage-arrears-charges-irresponsible-lending-or-other-unfair-lender-conduct

If you have suffered excessive charges then it would be worth finding out exactly how much you have paid in excess and decide whether a refund of those charges plus the interest on them would be enough to cancel out your arrears.

Additionally you will to consider your position and see where you have suffered any other unfair treatment from the lender and then decide whether or not to take action on that as well.

If you were interested in taking action then there is a new mortgage arrears Letter before Action in the library and also there is a new mortgage arrears Particulars of Claim on its way and which will soon be in the library as well.

Hi

I have sent a letter to Acenden requesting for all info on my account. Paid my £10 postal order.

I was wondering, in what charges can I actually claim back from Acenden. And how do they react when they do get a letter from me requesting for the money. Just that I have 2 suspended orders on my account, one mortgage and other on loan. They cant evict me can they ??? :???:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have recieved my SAR from Preferred and was wondering in what charges can I claim back.

I can see looking on previous threads,

that Late Payment Charges,

Direct Debit Charges can be claimed back.

My query is Interest charges on my 2nd Loan on my property,

just looking at my SAR back in 2007 I was being charged £200+ interest a month, plus late payment charges.

Could I claim this back?

My Mortgage is an Interest Only Mortgages, so I know I can only claim back LPC and DD charges on my account

Thanks in advance

S

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

I want to thank everyone that has helped me previously, but I am after more advice. I have read the links for claiming back arrears and understand I can claim back DD fees, Arrears Fees and Litigation Management Fees (which jumped from £45.00 (2008) and is now £115)

My question is there is other fees on my statements which I am unsure of:

- Solicitor Fess - Total = £1938.90

- And Lending charges, I took the secured loan out in July 2006 and 2 charges have been added on same day I got loan

£480.84

£275.00

- Interest Charges, eg payment due £179.68 interest £156.22

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks

S

• 1 month later...

Hi

I am up to date with my mortgage account and have paid on time last 3 months. I have received a letter from Acenden today, saying they have received no payments, letter as follows:

Dear Mrs

Account Number

Current Arrears £162.20

Our records indicate that we have received no payments due under the arrangement that was agreed at the application hearing to avoid repossession of you property. It is imperative the outstanding sum of £30.97 is paid immediately.

Then it goes on saying they will instruct their solicitors for repossession.

I am a little confused, as I am to date and missed no payments. My payment is £354 a month.

I cant phone them till Monday, so now I am going to worry all weekend.

Any advice would help, many thanks

S

I have checked my online banking and its defo been paid. And if I did miss my payment my arrears would be £516.33 the amount above

£162.20 + £354.13 (my monthly payment)

I dont even know where the £30 payment has come from that they are asking for, as my agreement is £100 to pay off my arrears, I know I wont get answers till Monday when I phone them, but I hate phoning them as you are well aware they arent the nicest people to talk to, but for once I am actually in the right and I have missed no payment. I have on my Loan but spoke to them the other day and agreed I will pay the amount at the end of the month, which they have fully accepted, and this is definitely not my loan account as it is more in arrears.

Do they send you monthly statements? It looks like they like collecting money but haven't got a clue about managing accounts. Theres probably a simple

explanation.

Do they send you monthly statements? It looks like they like collecting money but haven't got a clue about managing accounts. Theres probably a simple

explanation.

I dont get monthly statements mine come yearly so not due one at the moment. I hope there is a simple explanation to this x

• 2 weeks later...

Well I phoned them 1st thing on the Monday and demanded and explanation. Apparently what has happened, as my house insurance was cancelled with them and I took at my own, it put me in arrears of £30.

My agreement with the court was £100 per month and the sly gits, have been taking £150 along with my payment. Which Im not arguing with as I now only owe them £160 and will be cleared next month woo hoo, bring on the money :whoo:

Might treat myself in August with my extra money

• 3 months later...

Hi

I am in the process of claiming mis-sold mortgage with a company. My mortgage company being Acenden/Preferred.

I have received a letter today, with the following:

'To clarify EM Homeloans is the packager who acted during the sale if your mortgage and may become responsible for parts of the mis-sale'

I have had my mortgage since Oct 2005, this is the first time I have heard of the company. I have tried googling and its a blank, can anyone give me some information. Much appreciated. Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi

I am going through a process of misold mortgage at the moment with a company, and it has been going on since April 2011. I called them last week asking for a progress report. I was told it was now with the FSA how long will it take now?

Im not getting told anything when I ring them, told me they will be in touch if any progress, Ive only had 4 letters since April. I always ring them or email them for an update.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Hi

Can I ask you what fees you managed to reclaim in the end with these pair of sharks as Im just about to start? ...........

Thanks in advance

Hi Everyone

I want to thank everyone that has helped me previously, but I am after more advice. I have read the links for claiming back arrears and understand I can claim back DD fees, Arrears Fees and Litigation Management Fees (which jumped from £45.00 (2008) and is now £115)

My question is there is other fees on my statements which I am unsure of:

- Solicitor Fess - Total = £1938.90

- And Lending charges, I took the secured loan out in July 2006 and 2 charges have been added on same day I got loan

£480.84

£275.00

- Interest Charges, eg payment due £179.68 interest £156.22

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks

S

• 1 year later...

Hi All

I hope someone can help me.

I am currently in arrears with my Mortgage and Loan. And my ex partner was paying both of them for me, including my arrears as he pays child maintenance. So the amount covers for my payments.

I have just discovered from him, that he did not pay January or this months payments (march). Acenden have not been in touch in regards of Januarys missed payment. My ex is a compulsive gambler and has spent the money.

I am now worried as I dont have the funds to cover the payments.

Will I just send a letter with a budget sheet and explain the situation to them, before they contact me.

Thanks

Hi All

I hope someone can help me.

I am currently in arrears with my Mortgage and Loan. And my ex partner was paying both of them for me, including my arrears as he pays child maintenance. So the amount covers for my payments.

I have just discovered from him, that he did not pay January or this months payments (march). Acenden have not been in touch in regards of Januarys missed payment. My ex is a compulsive gambler and has spent the money.

I am now worried as I dont have the funds to cover the payments.

Will I just send a letter with a budget sheet and explain the situation to them, before they contact me.

Thanks

Can anyone help me please

Acenden have not yet been in touch with me. I have spoken to my ex partner and I am making the payments at the end of the month. With my normal agreement. I am unable to get the money together. Can someone help me to draft a letter please.

Thanks

Are u working ?

Go to CAB and beg them to help you. I would take the children with u it may work in your favor.

You have to send every thing by recorded post, As you can,t trust Acenden.

Who is your lender? when did the mortgage start? have u been in arrears before? have u been taken to court before for arrears ?

Dont delay you need to address this ASAP as time is running out.

Above all just keep calm and you will sort it out!

GOD BLESS AMERICA FOR DRONES & THE DANES FOR MORTGAGE SECURITISATION

Sorry forgot to add, Why dont you phone them( recorded the call so you have a record) by the way you really should tell them you are recording however make sure you keep your children away from the record start button . What ever they decide or may suggest to you over the phone demand it in writing from them, Get the name of the person you speak to.

GOD BLESS AMERICA FOR DRONES & THE DANES FOR MORTGAGE SECURITISATION

• 2 years later...

Hi.

I received a letter from acenden and their solicitors

instructing me that there is a court hearing for a repossession for 17th May.

Letter was dated 15th April.

I did make an offer of a monthly payment arrangement and it is to start 1st May.

They sent a letter accepting the offer dated 19th April.

Does this mean I don't need to go to court as they have accepted the offer.

I know I'm a bit late in asking for help.

But there has been an bereavement in the family, which was a close relative.

I appreciate any advice. Thank you

Unless they have cancelled the hearing then you should most definitely attend.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

You will need to ring the court - give them the claim number and they will tell you if it's been cancelled or not. If it hasn't then you should hand in a statement together with a copy of the letter they sent accepting your offer. Most likely the hearing will go ahead as they will want to get a suspended possession order.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.