Tescos cancelled car insurance without my knowledge - now being prosecuted. Need help!

Tescos-again
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I seem to be yet another 'victim' of having taken out Tescos car insurance in good faith in September 2015,

only to be stopped by the police in December 2015 & told that I don't actually have insurance!!!

After my car being impounded, a raging rant at Tescos, letters to Tescos, etc,

I was finally sent a CD with the recorded conversation with Tescos

and a letter from them, disclaiming all responsibility.

I now have a court date in May 2016 relating to driving without insurance and the risk of a fine and points.

I'm aware from reading on the site that many people seem to have had similar experiences with Tescos.

Please can anyone who has actually managed to get resolution to this situation tell me how to do it.

Ideally, I would like to find a solicitor who has managed to win a case such as this against Tescos.

I am not a happy bunny ... but I'm sure help is out there somewhere.

Start off by reading our customer services guide. Telephone Tesco's and try to find out what they say about it and how they explain it and make sure you get it recorded. Don't rely on them.

Have you any idea why this might have happened? Is there something that you haven't disclosed? Is this money that you haven't paid? Do they say that they gave you notice of this? What does the recorded conversation that they have provided you actually say?

You aren't giving as much detail.

You should send Tesco's and SAR immediately. Accompany it by a cheque – not a postal order – so you can understand whether or not your request is being processed.

You should do this all now.

I presume this is a missed payment issue, rather than non disclosure or documents not being received by them ?

Insurers are required to give 7 days notice of cancellation and i take it that Tesco have advised that they did write to you, but no letter was received ?

These companies with millions of customers have massive printing centres, where huge numbers of letters are produced. It is no surprise to me, if important letters are not received by customers, as there is no record of them posting the letters. All they will have is a record of the letter being sent to the print queue, not that it actually went into an envelope and was posted.

Follow Bankfodders advice. If you have not elevated your complaint to the FOS, you should do this. You might be able to ask Magistrates to delay the court hearing, if you have an ongoing complaint.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

go check your bank statements on line

PROVE they have been taking payments

should end the matter.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...