Accused of drug use in my own home?!! ***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please remember to follow there complaints procedure to the end and if your are still not satisfied you can go to the Housing Ombudsman.

Also remember to title your letter "FORMAL COMPLAINT" this makes sure they know its a complaint and also that they have to record it as such on there formal records that are open to inspection when any formal inspection takes place.

Note: just for reference although this is Council Housing as such they are ultimately classed as a Registered Social Landlord (RSL) the exact same as a Housing Association would be classed and have to follow the exact same rule, regs, law.

Are you speaking to them in person (please take a witness and insist that the meeting is minuted and you are provided a copy (if they refuse you want this in writing but also ask yourself why did they refuse?)) if by telephone (please only do this if you can record the call)

Please keep us updated as I would certainly be challenging this.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since HO states she visited your property on 25th and noticed the distinctive odour of cannabis smoke, I wold ask her what other properties she visited that day?

My guess - wrong address, wrong T so egg on face for HO.

OPs age is irrelevant, not all cannabis smokers are under 25 and cannabis has recognised pain relieving properties for some elderly/MS patients. No need to get tested unless accusation persists after today, IMO.

No need to get tested unless accusation persists after today, IMO.

It depends.

It depends on if the allegation categorically "goes away" today, and then, if it doesn't ; if the OP needs to refute an allegation of "one off use" against "regular user", basing the reply on the "detection periods" for each test, taking into account the test's parameters for 'frequency of drug use'.

Urine testing for a single use of cannabis will remain positive for 1 to 7 days. If the OP still needs to refute that they were smoking cannabis ON THAT DAY : they would need to be tested within that time frame.

Urine testing could be delayed longer if intended to prove no regular usage, but a negative wouldn't then rule out the accusation of a single episode of use on that day.

Hair testing reflects a much longer period in which it can rule out regular usage of cannabinoids, but wouldn't be of any use to refute an allegation of smoking cannabis on a single day.

http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/drugtestguide/drugtestdetection.html

For the expired air carbon monoxide monitoring (to show you hadn't been smoking anything : it would show you hadn't been smoking cannabis or ordinary cigarettes) : after 48 hours it wouldn't show a difference between someone who had smoked a cigarette & someone who hadn't.

Bazooka Boo I have had to unapprove your post......lets keep this on the HA...not the Gas engineer...he is irrelevant.

Understood, my apologies.

Jon.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you to everyone for all your comments and good advice. (Just been for a little stroll around the block on one foot lol it was a good calming down trip, and it has to be done however painful it is),

I have noted all your advice, and will post up tomorrow to let you know the outcome, which I fully expect to be an apology, followed up in writing, otherwise I will go to my GP for drug testing with Wayne, and yes, they will pay cos if they don´t I´ll put in a small claims!

And I have to say, please will someone nail CB´s feet to the floor to stop her leaving!

Yes, please do let us know how you get on with this and I hope your leg heals swiftly.

As for nailing my feet to the floor.. I have only just managed to dissolve all the superglue from my chair :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ok chaps, what a time for the laptop to go west. I´m using a borrowed Spanish one so excuse any peculiar marks, comma´s and there is no pound sign either lol!

The Housing Officer arrived, and she actually brought a police officer with her! In fairness he asked if it would be ok for him to be at the interview, we have nothing to hide, so we allowed it. They were both about 12 years old. Wayne popped his phone on discreetly to record.

Oh she is a madam indeed. Couldn´t see anything wrong in the wording of her letter "I have decided". The copper could though, he looked at the floor!

I have hammered it home how cross we are about this and that if this is not rescinded and an apology issued, a Formal Complaint will be made and if it has to go all the way to the Ombudsman so be it. I asked for all the documents Stu said, she showed me where to find them on their website. She confirmed a copy of the file will be with us in 40 days, and this little mare will make sure it takes the forty days, as she has to feel she´s won something. Because, she actually said she is going to go back to her manager for permission to issue an apology! "Oh" said I "what happened to "I have decided" then. We offered them a chance to look around, the copper said absolutely not, not necessary but thank you, and he confirmed that neither Wayne or myself are known to them in anyway before today. He had nothing to say about cannabis use. I made it very clear that I am highly offended at this, especially given the nature of my recent surgery. And I showed her part of the scar and my black toe and told her I hope she didn´t smoke. (I could smell tobacco on her)

The gas engineer had said that after being at our property, he felt so ill because we were smoking cannabis that he had to go home for the day. More likely the spiteful man used us as an excuse to get a day off.

That´s where we are currently. Waiting for the outcome, and our file. Oh, and I slipped in "I hope this isn´t some sort of con to demote his tenancy so he can´t buy his flat" and she assured me that although it is an option they have, it is not PHP´s policy to do this.

And just to irritate her we have this morning put in a RTB application!

I will keep you all updated, and a big thanks to you all for helping me out. I´m starting to feel better and me confidence is coming back with it!

Good for you, download that meeting ASAP, and burn it off onto a disk if possible.

If she was that arrogant and self righteous then there is nothing stopping you from making a formal complaint about her, are you sure it was a proper copper, or one of those plastic PCSO's?

It sounds like this might need escalating above her, which isn't hard to do, you just need to find out who she answers to, and inform them you're not at all happy with her attitude, and she is no longer permitted to enter your premises.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Sounds like a real busybody penpusher. We have them here too in our local council.

What a horrible man to make such an accusation, clearly he was trying to pull the wool over the eyes of his employers, so perhaps a negative review on their website is in order, and in online tradesman directories.

Hopefully the policeman might be able to reprimand her for wasting police time - it is worth a try!

This HO is a mere child with an attitude with such a lot to learn. I used to do what she does, many years ago, although she doesn´t know that LOL! Same area too. It won´t take long and she will find that high heel designer shoes, short skirts and this attitude will not assist her to do the job lol! I for one won´t take crap from her because of her age, I would think she is about 23 - 24. She couldn´t hold her own with me I´m afraid in an argument.

Here, the coppers, when they start out, still have to do the 6 month community police stint. That´s what he was doing with her. He might be young also but he was far more savvy than she.

Well, we´ll wait to see what the next move is, and if we don´t like it, we certainly will go down the formal complaint route. I don´t want to go down that route for someone simply being an ******** ((HO)). They are born like it bless them and they really cannot help it. And every now and then they provide amusement. But for the engineer who is a spiteful lying narc, oh yes, all the way!

Thanks chaps and will keep you updated.

Good for you, silly girl has bitten off more than she can chew!

I had a young HO tell me ''You don't look disabled.'' to which I responded 'Well you don't look stupid, but there you go!'.

She was removed from her role as a HO for our area later that week, can't possibly imagine why?

Good for you, silly girl has bitten off more than she can chew!

I had a young HO tell me ''You don't look disabled.'' to which I responded 'Well you don't look stupid, but there you go!'.

She was removed from her role as a HO for our area later that week, can't possibly imagine why?

Ha..I love that remark :)

Well, we´ll wait to see what the next move is, and if we don´t like it, we certainly will go down the formal complaint route.

I honestly think you're best to put in a formal complaint asap. That sort of arrogance in a council employee can cause all sorts of problems if you live in hope that someone will see sense. They don't and they back up their own in any tissue of lies which suit. I ended up in the High Court against my council where it was proved they had lied - by their own counsel which was fun. They even lied to their own QC and the poor guy was made to look a real fool.

Please don't hope/believe someone will see sense because they won't unless you make them and you need everything recorded in the most formal way possible.

Thanks Hig tail, I know exactly what you mean, and in particular I know how this organisation hate backing down. However, I don´t know if I have the nous to go to a bloody high court over this, oh please don´t that happen! I´ll allow them just a short time to sort themselves out, then will write to enquire what the outcome of this is. I think any more than about 7 - 10 days is too long, so we´ll just let them have that time then start the complaints process off, including not letting very worried people know what the outcome is in a tmely manner.

Please let us know how this progresses but I would not mention anything to them about possible court action as the barriers will immediately go up and they will pass it to there Legal Team and if you try to go to the Housing Ombudsman also and they here of court action they will also not get involved as legal action is been taken.

That why I said about ensuring to follow there complaints procedure fully to the end which is stage 3 then if still not satisfied with the outcome to proceed to complain to the Housing Ombudsman.

IMO that Housing Officer has well stepped over the mark here and to use the Police as a scare tactic makes it even worse to back up her case with still no evidence.

If there are any further meetings could I suggest that you insist that they are only with a "Senior Housing Manager" and not this Housing Officer and everything must be recorded and both parties get copies. (the reason I say this is you need someone else to look at the case and not this HO to deal with her own case)

Something else to ask evidence of is what training in Drugs Misuse and specifically Cannabis has that Housing Officer had and what date was it carried out.

Edited by stu007

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

I will follow you to the T Stu, and keep you updated all the way. The last time I had a run in with this lot was on behalf of a neighbour. I didnt tell them the BBC were turning up for an interview, ´so the result when they actually did turn up was classic! Just a shame it wasn´t this girl LOL! I wouldn´t threaten court to them, when I have to deal with something like this I am always calm, rational, polite, tongue biting, and will do it by the book and to the letter cos that´s the best way to go. Thanks for caring XX Do you think I should put a big Rastafarian sign on my front door - or is that classed as winding them up LOL that´s just a joke by the way!

Also you use their own Policies and Procedures against them. (if they mention a specific policy or procedure them you simply ask to be provided with a copy of that policy or procedure).

When you get any of these documents:

1. Check when the document was approved.

2. Check if it has a Next Review Date. (has it passed that review date)

Now have a highlighter with you then slowly read through the document (thinking to yourself did the housing association do that) if they didnt highlight it and do this as you read the document.

However, I don´t know if I have the nous to go to a bloody high court over this

I don't think it would ever have got that far if I'd been a lot more forceful in the first place. My mistake was believing I was dealing with professionals who would act like adults and so giving them chance after chance to put it right. What we actually found in the end was handwritten notes on the bottom of my letters to them showing their real attitude and intent. When you see "the silly woman should go away and stop her whining" as the real response you realise what you're dealing with. Once an employee has taken a stance they will close ranks and back them to hilt.

A few years ago I was in a similar situation but not for drugs something less trivial. Is this document an ABC contract? If so it's not worth the paper it's written on.

The HO/PC (PC in uniform) got stroppy in my home giving it large. Not a good idea for them. I asked them to leave. They refused, bad mistake. I just stood there pulled out my phone and dialled 999 gave the operator the low down. Moments later the PC'S radio cracked in his ear he was asked to leave. They then did.

As they got to the lift I asked if they were prepared to change their attitude if so I would invite them back in. They said yes. I listened and refused to sign their silly piece of paper (I still have a copy) I asked them to wait a moment popped into my library and got one of my many law books out and showed them what I was saying was true.

They read it agreed and never tried it on again. That for me was the end of the matter. Except an official complaint went in the HA suffice to say the HO is no longer an asb Officer.

It really depends how strong you are and if you want to play hardball or not. I personally don't take cr4p off of my HA they know it.

You must follow the complaints procedure to fullness before you escalate the matter at all stages.

Then move up and onwards. Please remember that as a housing providers they too can get into trouble for allowing the use of drugs in their properties s8 or somewhere near there I'll check later..

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

No the document is not and ABC and I would refuse to sign one of those because very simply, we have not done what we are accused of, end of story. She just decided to write to us with a written warning, rather than bother to actually investigate the problem. Its got my fur up something rotten, but I can smooth myself out nicely and follow the complaints procedure to a T!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi jackieandwayne

Just checking in to see how this is progressing?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi chaps, I´m so sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I developed a DVT in my leg that had the op, and it caused all sorts of complications and made me very unwell. I´m out of hospital now and on the mend.

Right, the HO, after speaking to her "Senior" decided to uphold the complaint. so we have said that we will be putting in a formal complaint, once we have received the data we asked for. Wayne will be collecting his file this week, they won´t post it, so afte r having a thorough look at that we´ll start the formal complaint procedure.

Oh and isn´t life funny sometimes. We have just had a very vile and unpleasant character housed in our little area. A complete alcoholic and known by many to beg locally. The HO, who doesn´t get a say in who is housed, is just expected to manage them, has actually taken the problem seriously and guess who she had to ask to be a witness! I will do it because this person has upset the whole ethos of our community, and had especially affected his immediate and elderly neighbours. He keeps banging on doors asking for money, shouting and screaming in the street in a drunken rage, bumping taxi´s late at night so the whole street is woken up by police etc. All the old ladies used to sit outside in the afternoons chatting, no w the minute they see him coming they dash indoors, lock the door and stay in there. Such a shame. So, yep, I´ll keep the diary sheets for her, since I have a very good view of what is going on, but oh dear, fancy having to come and ask me! I almost invited her inside to have a coffee and a joint! That is a joke ofcourse.

So, I´ll keep you updated, but nothing will happen until after the weekend as we are going to sit down and have a good look at the file.

HI

thanks for the update and you have nothing to be sorry for as your health is more important.

Just update us when you can now as for the other issue you are helping them with this incident log PDF may be useful:

Incident Log-with form fields -----.pdf

Good for you, this will only go in your favour, I hope this nuisance neighbour is moved on sooner rather than later, have had two really obnoxious and violent neighbours in the past, one an alcoholic, the other a druggy, my HO did sweet FA! It took for me to report them to the police who raised the matter with the LL who decided my log sheets might be worth looking at again!