police fixed penalty parking on dyl scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, newbie here needs some advice,

i received fixed penalty from the police for being parked on dyl,

i stay in a village actually its two villages that are joined, muirhead and birkhill,

on the fixed penalty it says my car was seen in edward pl, birkhill,

where it was edward place, muirhead ,

is this enough to cancel the ticket ,

thank you in advance, boab.

FPN's are different to council PCN's.

Firstly there is no appeal mechanism as such, if you plead not guilty, the case will then be heard in a magistrates court.wheres fines, costs and victim support fee will be much greater than the fixed penalty.

Secondly there is the 'slip' rule whereby minor mistakes can be corrected, unlike council pcn's where things like wrong location cannot be corrected.

Suggest you pay.

Double yellow line: Double yellow lines are no parking at any time unless you have a blue badge. Sometimes you may be able to stop to load or unload but no more than that. If there are two stripes on the curb at regular intervals then you have no rights to unload or load at this point, and blue badges don't work. The same is also true if the lines are red.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

police said vechicle parked from 12.40 to 12.45 but i have them on cctv ariving at 12.40 and placing fpn on car at 12 .43 so never waited five mins and lied on the fpn as they had written it out before the time stated.

England at least (not sure if it applies in Scotland) did recently introduce a 10 minute grace period, but only in places where parking is allowed at some times - ie if you're in a 30minute maximum stay bay you won't be penalised for being a couple of minutes late back to your car. It's not a licence to park where you damn well like and block the traffic because "I'm only going to be a few minutes".

DYLs mean no parking at any time, unless one of the exceptions applies (eg loading, alighting, blue badges), so the grace period doesn't apply to them. So if your defence is going to be "I was parked there for over 3 minutes and there's CCTV to prove it" I can see it not getting very far.

if you had been there for more time before the police arrived..then end of the issue

they don't have to wait.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...