EON sent me an annual statement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi TB, when was the estimate to? There will be a consideration of extra standing charges, but it doesnt sound right that 250kWh would come to the same amount as 400kWh, perhaps Malc could provide you with his email address so he can have a look?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi TB, when was the estimate to? There will be a consideration of extra standing charges, but it doesnt sound right that 250kWh would come to the same amount as 400kWh, perhaps Malc could provide you with his email address so he can have a look?

Thanks… It looks as though they have just sent me the original bill again and has to be wrong...but I just want them to send me a revised bill as I KNOW I don't owe all this money and can't pay it, anyway. TB

EON rep on here gone quiet, must of been made redundant? with the rest as the bad news from EON recently??
Ha… maybe! It's so hard for ordinary people to try and work out if they have been overcharged… especially when the units are not a precise amount of money but have a decimal point followed by a fraction… maths was always my downfall… but I'm ok with plain English… what part of "Give me the cheapest deal" don't EON understand? How hard can it actually be for these companies to treat vulnerable customers fairly?TB

exactly - looked on back of a EDF bill of mine and shows charges breakdown i..e. 55% cost of energy the rest made up of this/that/the other cherges , EON rep on here did not like my questioning, they tried to circumnavigate the issue of charges and Meter charge per day ( which is not a legal requirement) and challenged by others, they work for a company and try to make out the company is better than cheese, until that company dispenses with them.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

It's not like when you buy a pound of apples and you can see what your'e getting for your money… you can't 'see' electricity… all you have is a manky old meter, which, in my case keeps running even after I've isolated the supply… if they come down and swap it for another meter, I'll have no proof that they have been overcharging me for the last 15 years. I can't afford to get an independent electrician in to look at it and if EON inspects it, they are never going to admit that it's faulty and I'm being overcharged… all I know is that my bill is £1,500 a year and I have oil for central heating and hot water, which comes to another grand a year… my annual income is only £6k, so I'm really struggling… TB

There's been no redundancies at EON...

I think part of the difficulty may be that as a customer service rep, Malc, like all agents, are going to be limited to what they can say and must use the official company response to these questions, which are crafted by people in marketing departments.

Re the cheapest deal, no supplier can tell you, but they can assist in helping you make an informed decision. Generally, go for the one with the lowest unit rate, even if the standing charge is a couple of pence higher - this is then going to most likely be the best option

TB - have you been through a list of what you're using as suggested previously? Have you spoken to the consumption disputes team at EON?

Also is your meter one rate or two rate - are you on economy 7?

I use a company called EBICO administered by SSE. It is easier, as there is just one tariff with the standing charge included. The SSE site makes it easy to manage, as you just enter your reading to get an instant revised bill.

I did comparisons and that was the cheapest non fixed deal. The fixed ones available saved very little and once you are tied in, there is a cancellation fee often payable if you want to switch early.

DaBara, if you are having problems with EON, get a complaint registered and if necessary involve the Ombudsman. If the electric is higher than it should be, do some checking, turning on/off appliances to see what the meter is showing. £1500 a year is a lot, when you heat the house and water with an oil boiler system. It might not be the meter but faulty appliances.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hmmmm… my bill was OVERestimated. The readings state: (previous) 19956E (present) 23718E….the actual (current) reading is 21202 … So I emailed EON with the reading and they've sent me an 'amended bill' of…exactly the same as the first bill! Duh!! TB

Ha… maybe! It's so hard for ordinary people to try and work out if they have been overcharged… especially when the units are not a precise amount of money but have a decimal point followed by a fraction… maths was always my downfall… but I'm ok with plain English… what part of "Give me the cheapest deal" don't EON understand? How hard can it actually be for these companies to treat vulnerable customers fairly?TB

It's not like when you buy a pound of apples and you can see what your'e getting for your money… you can't 'see' electricity… all you have is a manky old meter, which, in my case keeps running even after I've isolated the supply… if they come down and swap it for another meter, I'll have no proof that they have been overcharging me for the last 15 years. I can't afford to get an independent electrician in to look at it and if EON inspects it, they are never going to admit that it's faulty and I'm being overcharged… all I know is that my bill is £1,500 a year and I have oil for central heating and hot water, which comes to another grand a year… my annual income is only £6k, so I'm really struggling… TB

I agree with unclebulgaria TB. If you haven't already, I think it's time to take this down the complaints route. A dedicated Complaint Resolution Manager will look after the various issues you've raised in this thread and offer a resolution. If you're unhappy with the offer, you can go to our Review Team. They'll look at the offer again, both from our point of view and yours. They'll either uphold the original offer or suggest an alternative. If you're still unhappy, we'll send you our 'Final Resolution Offer' letter. At this point, you can go to the Ombudsman for an independent assessment. Alternatively, once the complaint is over 56 days old, you can go to the Ombudsman straightaway. No need to wait for a letter. Complaints are also back dated to when first discussed so, if you've spoken to us about these issues before, the complaint will start from then. It may be you can go to the Ombudsman now. There are more details about how we look after complaints, including how to contact us, on our website at the link below.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/help-and-support/complaints

Sorry my previous posts haven't helped that much but hope this points you in the right direction.

Malc

No worries nottslad. Our email address is in our biographies. For ease, it's WebForumAdvisors@eonenergy.com.

Although, given what TB has posted, I think the complaints route is probably a better bet as per my reply above.

Malc

EON rep on here gone quiet, must of been made redundant? with the rest as the bad news from EON recently??

exactly - looked on back of a EDF bill of mine and shows charges breakdown i..e. 55% cost of energy the rest made up of this/that/the other cherges , EON rep on here did not like my questioning, they tried to circumnavigate the issue of charges and Meter charge per day ( which is not a legal requirement) and challenged by others, they work for a company and try to make out the company is better than cheese, until that company dispenses with them.

Sorry to disappoint Old Cogger but still here. :-) Been out of the office or on other work since 11 March so am just catching up. Be good to spend more time on here but demand isn't enough to persuade the gaffers I'm afraid. Don't think I don't like your questions though. On the contrary, the more the better - keeps me out of trouble. Well, sometimes.

Malc

There's been no redundancies at EON...

I think part of the difficulty may be that as a customer service rep, Malc, like all agents, are going to be limited to what they can say and must use the official company response to these questions, which are crafted by people in marketing departments.

Re the cheapest deal, no supplier can tell you, but they can assist in helping you make an informed decision. Generally, go for the one with the lowest unit rate, even if the standing charge is a couple of pence higher - this is then going to most likely be the best option

TB - have you been through a list of what you're using as suggested previously? Have you spoken to the consumption disputes team at EON?

Also is your meter one rate or two rate - are you on economy 7?

You're right nottslad. Our main purpose on these and other Internet Forums is to try to answer customer service questions and to provide more general information that might be useful to others. Whilst we'll acknowledge policy and corporate stuff, it's unlikely we'll be able to provide anything other than what can be found in our press releases or on our website.

As you say, whilst we can't tell customers what tariff to choose, we can give them as much information as possible to help them make an informed decision. Among other channels, we post up information on our website, on annual summaries and put messages on bills. Sometimes, we'll send letters, emails and texts to highlight possible savings/new tariffs. There'll also be information on our Facebook and twitter pages at various times. For customers on fixed deals, there's Price Alerts too (post 8 above). At the end of the day, though, it's down to the customer to either pick a tariff or change supplier.

Malc

DaBara, if you are having problems with EON, get a complaint registered and if necessary involve the Ombudsman. If the electric is higher than it should be, do some checking, turning on/off appliances to see what the meter is showing. £1500 a year is a lot, when you heat the house and water with an oil boiler system. It might not be the meter but faulty appliances.

Agree unclebulgaria. As above, I think the complaint route's the best bet for the OP. Also agree about doing some checking. As per my earlier post (number 46), taking regular readings is a good way to see if anything unusual might be happening. Turning appliances on/off will help too.

Malc

Thank you, I am extremely grateful for your posts…. I just wish the bills were a bit cheaper. When my husband was living in Hong Kong, his bills were tiny… some months you'd pay nothing and they'd give you a rebate… I've no idea why it is so cheap over there but people are not in fuel poverty the way many in the UK are… I believe our energy prices are amongst the highest in the world. TB

I've no idea why it is so cheap over there but people are not in fuel poverty the way many in the UK are… I believe our energy prices are amongst the highest in the world. TB

Because our energy companies are run by the greediest corporations in the world:-)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

[/b]

Because our energy companies are run by the greediest corporations in the world:-)

You think?!

I have to agree… my husband has lived all over the world in connection with his work in the film industry… he is always amazed at the cheapness of utilities and also that public transport is cheap or free AND runs on time! In fact, it was the stress of trying to commute in this country which drove him to seek work overseas… TB

Malc… I am sure you are doing your best and it's not your fault that I have to pay most of my small pension just to keep the lights on… I still feel the meter is faulty but I don't trust EON to tell me the truth when they come to assess it… and I can't afford to get a private company to do it. Stalemate. TB

You think?!

I have to agree… my husband has lived all over the world in connection with his work in the film industry… he is always amazed at the cheapness of utilities and also that public transport is cheap or free AND runs on time! In fact, it was the stress of trying to commute in this country which drove him to seek work overseas… TB

Ditto

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Thank you… I really appreciate all the help and support you've all given on here… there is SO much going on in my life, and I sometimes don't know where to turn… but Ithere are some really decent people on here who give their time and advice free of charge, and that means so much when you are down and out. Many, many thanks!! x

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah… one last thing; when I paid the bill, I asked for them to put me on that tariff they offered … remember it mentioned on my bill that I could save over £400 per year if I swapped tariffs? They've just written back and said the tariff has been withdrawn, but I can change to one which saves me £70 per year… I suppose this is just box ticking on their part as they are supposed to treat vulnerable people who are in fuel poverty fairly… I bet the tariff didn't even exist!

Huh! TB

Talk about having it all ways round. The energy companies charge us a standing charge for the maintenance and checking of our meters and claim they're checked by the meter readers and then also insist on the guts of a hundred quid up front for a meter to be checked. Which is it? My meter is at least 25 years old and I've never had someone read my meter AND say they've checked it's working properly.

Oh yeah… one last thing; when I paid the bill, I asked for them to put me on that tariff they offered … remember it mentioned on my bill that I could save over £400 per year if I swapped tariffs? They've just written back and said the tariff has been withdrawn, but I can change to one which saves me £70 per year… I suppose this is just box ticking on their part as they are supposed to treat vulnerable people who are in fuel poverty fairly… I bet the tariff didn't even exist!

Huh! TB

Given the dates TB, I suspect the tariff mentioned on the bill was our Fixed 1 Year version 19. This was a special discounted tariff and only available from 22 January 16 to 9 February 16. You needed to agree to switch to this tariff during this period. There's a message on bills advising our tariffs can be withdrawn at any time. I also suspect the tariff mentioned during your recent call is the version 20 of our 1 year fix. As advised, you'll more than likely save on this tariff but not by as much as with the previous product.

I agree with unclebulgaria. Pop your usage in kWh on to the independent comparison sites. These will list all your options both with us and with the other suppliers. Choose the best deal for you.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction TB.

Malc