Npower - Payment scheme setup incorrectly, back payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have received a letter today from Npower.

"Your Payment scheme hasnt been set up correctly.

We've tried to call you to explain an issue with your account setup. Unfortunately, due to a system issue, we were unable to set up your payment scheme correctly, so you've only been paying for usage on one fuel."

I phoned the customer number, on hold for 30mins.

She has said I have not payed for gas from 01/01/2014 - 25/01/16. I'm afraid I wasn't brilliant on the phone and wasn't sure what to ask.

I am on a Price Protector December 2017 dual fuel setup which is paid via DD.

They are currently going to increase my DD by £54 over the next 16 months? My bill has effectively trebled as now ill be paying the correct dual bill and the increase.

Is there anything I can do? I'm assuming I have to pay for all the used gas?

Many Thanks

First of all, the back billing rules should apply and that means that they are unable to back bill you more than 12 months.

Secondly, please read our customer services guide and implement the advice there. Once you are ready call them again and get everything you can down recorded, and safely stored away.

Npower are a complete nightmare, incompetent and unscrupulous. They have a so-called legal department with the so-called legal assistant who is prepared to say anything in order to do you down.

You should write to them and tell them that you refuse to agree to a direct debit being increased or to any back bills in respect of any fuel older than 12 months where the error was caused by their fault.

However, get the recording first.

You have to send them an SAR as well.

In addition to giving them formal notice that they are not to increase your direct debit, send a letter to your bank make it clear that npower are not entitled to use the direct debit in place to take any more than £XX.

Tell your bank that if more than that is taken, that you will be calling in the direct debit guarantee in order to obtain full refund.

You will have to be careful of npower now because once they think they're in the right, there are unstoppable and they may take action to damage your credit file as well

Get all the information you can from a recording and also an SAR and then come back here and we will help you.

I got the same letter and was told Facebook was the quickest way for them to respond. U have your own complaint handler and have copies of their response. They are saying I owe just under £1000 and the billing department won't write any Off. They have said they will write off £100 for good will. I have said I won't accept this and are waiting there reply.

Try complaining this way u may get a better response