Help! Red light offence and FPN - advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Hope you can help.

Last year I jumped a red light - not on purpose, didn't realise I had.

When the letter with the offer of a condition FPN arrived, I was perfectly willing to hold up my hands as it was certainly my fault.

I duly paid up the £100 and thought no more about it. Unfortunately, it being a few days before Christmas, I completely forgot to send in my driving license in order to have the requisite 3 points added.

This weekend, a court summons arrived - which initially perplexed me as I had evidence I had paid the fine. A call to the magistrates office confirmed I had no court fine outstanding. During our conversation, I realised that I had forgotten to send in the license, so the adviser suggested a call to the local FPN office, but didn't foresee any major problems.

Having just checked my bank account, for evidence I could produce that I had paid the fine, I discover that they have credited the fine, probably on the day they send out the court summons!

Oh dear! Help! I've never had anything like this happen before and am quite anxious.

When I rang the Met's FPN number, I discovered they were only between 9 and 12 and I spent the morning just trying to get through to all the right people.

Can anyone give me any advice or guidance on what might happen next?

Thanks.