2 PCN before receiving permits in the post

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello CAG members

I have recently had a new permit system put in place at my place of residents.

I sent an email to apply for permits to both my company and private vehicle back in September 2015, I had a response saying that they will send them out. I did not receive them and I should have chased this up but I'm a busy man and work away from home a lot.

It weren't until December when I got back from work that I found a PCN on my car, I sent an email to ask where my permits are and they sent me an email saying they will send them out but whilst I was waiting I received another PCN at 11pm that evening on my company vehicle.

I have sent a letter to CPM and they refused my appeal and have told me to appeal through theIAS.

So need to know..... do I have proper grounds to appeal?

and

What are theIAS like? I read some bad reviews about them and think they will side with CPM

I refuse to pay this and I never will pay as its unfair!!

Chris

When you say "PCN" do you mean "Penalty Charge Notice" which means it is a Local Authority matter or, as seems more likely from what you say, is it a "Parking Charge Notice" dressed up to look like a Local Authority one to scare you.

If the latter, Admin will move this thread to Private Land Parking forums where you will get appropriate advice.

As you have already appealed to CPM then I wouldnt bother with an IAS appeal as you will get a completely nonsensical determination in this case. What protects you here from any claim is that CPM have failed to keep their part of a contractrual obligation to send out a permit in good time so they arent allowed to benefit from their actions. In short, you can sue them but they cant sue you. I would be reminding them of this when they sned the next begging letter and forget about appeals.

• 3 weeks later...