High level sanction, hardship payment possible?

G4C389
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I worked in a pub for 3 years and 7 months and I was sacked for misconduct in November 2015 and UC imposed me with a high level 91 day sanction (which I was told by the CAB would be extremely difficult to overturn as a reconsider was refused) I got an advanced Payment from universal credit on 8th December 2015, and I was due my first payment on the 13th January this year until I was given a 82-91 day sanction (so not a penny for 3 months) I was advised by the CAB I may be able to get a hardship payment but only from what was the first payment due date this Wednesday, I just wander what I could do/say to help with getting a hardship? Any questions I'll respond asap

Edit: Iv been borrowing money as Iv had no money but there is only so far I can go with that

Your request for help/advice on how to claim hardship payment has been up for almost a week now and it would appear that nobody is able to respond adequately to such a request for someone in your circumstances.

I do not claim to be an authority on the subject myself but I am surprised that CAB have not been of more help to you.

Perhaps you might glean something from DWP's own website at the following link to help you:

https://www.gov.uk/jobseekers-allowance/further-information

You can request an appointment through the Service Centre for a claim for Recoverable Hardship, they will then book you an appointment at the Jobcentre and you have to provide your ID, bank statement showing the balance on the day of application and also you will have to provide written evidence of all jobsearch conducted in the 7 days preceeding the Hardship Interview.

When you attend the office you will be given a hardship application to complete and will then be seen to check through and gather any additional information (as detailed above) if you have not met this your application will be refused. You also need to ensure your have no outstanding work prep activities or again your application will be refused.

You will be contacted with a decision by the Service Centre who will then advise if it has been awarded and if yes how much and how it will be recovered from future awards. You will need to do this each assessment period so every month it is not awarded indefinitely or for the entire period of the sanction if it exceeds the assessment period of one month. I have known someone be entitled one month and then nothing after that.

• Haha 1

This is a long shot but you could also contact your local council's benefits service to see if they have a hardship fund you can access.

It could be tricky because local councils are cash strapped these days. A lady down the road from me got some help when her place got flooded.

Things don't add up. If you have worked for more than 3 years, surely you have paid enough contributions to qualify for contribution based JSA, not UC. Therefore you should have received no sanctions.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

san_d Universal Credit is gradually being rolled out in place of all other benefits - including JSA.

All single benefit claimants are being enrolled onto UC when they go to sign on at the Jobcentre.

If you could explain to the OP how he can get the Jobcentre to enrol him onto contributions based JSA instead of UC, it would probably be more helpful.

You can still receive a sanction while on JSA©. And at this time, UC will not replace JSA© - it is only intended as a replacement for means tested benefits.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

http://about.universalcredit.service.gov.uk/kms/SitePages/glossary-let=j.htm

You can try contacting the UC service centre to see if it can be claim now, however there will be separate claimant commitments required if you go down the UC and JSA© route combined.

It also depends if the OP requires help with housing costs prescription costs etc as those would be claimed separately if JSA© claimed but considered automatically if UC continues.

It will depend if the OP was liable to pay NI contributions on the wages from previous employment as if not then the claim for UC is currently correct.

The OP may want to contact the Service Centre to enquire about the JSA© claim