ESA50 FORM 1st January Deadline

stigofthedump
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am trying to help a friend who received their EAS50 form dated 1st December for a deadline of 1st January 2016 to be returned. My friend has a complex medical history including mental health and the benefit advisor hurriedly completed the form as he finished work for Christmas and New Year on 17th December, The main hospital consultant who co-ordinates healthcare is providing a supportive letter but this has been delayed as his secretary retired and it has waiting in a pool of secretaries at a hospital and the consultant is also on holiday, I rang DWP and they were not supportive at all. The 1st is a Friday and public holiday and in Scotland they have 1 and 2bd as public holidays. Can any advice me what other action I can take. This is a migration from IC to ESA and I have been told by other the deadline is strict and my friend could get their current benefits stopped. A little panic given little time. Any suggestions would be appreciated. They letter maybe ready on 29th but might not be signed off by the consultant.

Many thanks

The general advice is to send the form in and send medical evidence later if you need to. If you send medical evidence, you need to put your name and national insurance number (NINO) on every piece of paper. I would also send photocopies (not originals) and would send a covering letter just stating this is evidence for ESA.