Getting a refund when paying with cash

Baldersp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently paid for a uniform for a club that my daughter attends with cash and did not get a receipt. The uniform has not been given to us and she has now left the club. I have emailed the club and asked for a refund but have not heard back. I have no idea what my rights are, if any.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

You write again and use recorded delivery so you can be certain they receive it. You ask for either the uniform or a refund.

Can you put some dates on when you bought it and when your daughter changed her mind ?

I paid for the uniform in November in preparation for a competition in early December (Cheerleading) but the uniform did not arrive in time so she had to take part in a borrowed uniform. I was unhappy about the whole situation which is why I decided she would not continue with that club.

I only emailed a few days ago and I provided my bank details so that they could provide the refund. My experience with this group is that they will just ignore me in the hope that I will go away. So I need to know if I can quote any part of the consumer law in my next correspondence to encourage them to stop ignoring me.

In those circumstances it would be a money return only. Write as I said and give them a date by which to make the refund. Take the holiday into consideration so say 10th January. You can add that if the refund is not in your account by that date, you will escalate to the small claims court.

Be polite but firm.

There is nothing that mentions your particular problem in the regulations, but should they send you the goods, you have the right to reject them for a full refund.

As the uniform was for a specific occasion, then there was an implied 'time is of the essence' in the contract to your advantage.

Edited by Conniff