Jehovah witness harrassement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Need help for my sister in law.

She is being harassed by a elderly couple who are Jehovah witnesses and its now getting scary in my opinion.

In 3 days they have came to her door 3 times and have said they will come a fourth time. She has asked them not to call again the first time but they said she needs saving by god and they cant do that.

I am getting concerned as she is visibly pregnant with baby due in April. She has a 1 year old daughter in the house and 4 other children who live there.

Anyway they came by Monday saying they are concerned about her as they have been watching her and the kids and the only male who Goes to the house is the postie and her 2 male children. They gave her leaflets and said they would continue to watch her. She asked them to leave and not call back. They said they would leave but continue to watch her to make sure she is alright and try and save her.

Tuesday they knocked saying they were worried about the children having no male role model living in the house and she told them to mind there own business, leave and not come back they left but they claimed her kids need saving and they will continue to watch them. a few hours later they returned shoving more leaflets threw the door.

Today they have returned saying they are worried about the family as she is not married and clearly needs saving and only their help and god she can be saved. Her reply to them as l was married but my ex husband would hit me and the kids and as result he has left. They replied saying that the kids and her said she had obviously done wrong in gods eyes and that he was teaching them a lesson as per gods will. She understandably was angry at this point and told them to ****off. They called threw the letter box saying they will continue to watch them and be back with a bible and someone to help her and be a role model to the kids tomorrow.

She has called the police but the local officer seems to think they are harmless and can confirm that when they checked no one was watching the house. She is now frightened and wants something done.

What do u advise.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Id advise that she records their visit, and gets in touch herself with Victim Support, these well-meaning nutters sound rather dangerous. If they are that concerned they should have approached social services instead of using the bible as an excuse to do some meddling in affairs that have nothing to do with them.

She has called the police but the local officer seems to think they are harmless and can confirm that when they checked no one was watching the house. She is now frightened and wants something done.

What do u advise.

Go back to the police, if they insist on refusing to do anything about it, inform them that a complaint will be sent to the IPCC.

Harassment is defined as any course of action that causes distress. A religious fanatic constantly visiting and making unwanted advances would certainly consitute harassment in my opinion.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I think that you should call the police again and also write to them lodging a formal complaint.

Address it to the Chief Inspector, Administration at your local station.

Record any further visits on a phone or video camera.

Also, you could try telephoning Jehovah's Witness and lodging a complaint and asking for some protection - http://www.jw.org/en/

I had this issue until a few months ago, I resolved this by using the template letter in the library http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387366-Harassment-amp-Threat-of-Doorstep-Visit-**Update-21st-April-2014** I also printed off the case for it. I then handed it to them in politely informed them that any further visits would see me applying for a hearing at Court. It was adapted to my needs, I removed the irrelevant parts, but the jest of it was stay away or else...

Guess what no further calls. 3 months of peace...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

A large bucket of cold water should do the trick and inform them that they will receive two buckets of free water the next time. They cannot really complain, if they are harrassing them on a daily basis. It is a proportionate response.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

A large bucket of cold water should do the trick and inform them that they will receive two buckets of free water the next time. They cannot really complain, if they are harrassing them on a daily basis. It is a proportionate response.

whilst I see the funny side of this lets not go fighting by assualting them also

Unfortunately this advice is dubious at best as it could constitute assault... Be very careful... (But I understand why)

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Unfortunately this advice is dubious at best as it could constitute assault... Be very careful... (But I understand why)

I am not convinced it is assault, as you could say that you wanted to wash away all their sins and thought that they were coming to the door on a daily basis seeking help.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Its true mate trust me, but I saw the humorous side of your post, but please feel to check up if you wish? Suffice to say this >> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11360302/Woman-guilty-of-assault-for-throwing-water.html

Its true mate trust me, but I saw the humorous side of your post, but please feel to check up if you wish? Suffice to say this >> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11360302/Woman-guilty-of-assault-for-throwing-water.html
yep just driving your car through a puddle to splash someone is assault

yep just driving your car through a puddle to splash someone is assault

Mad world !

If people did some of the general mucking around they did 30 or 40 years ago, they may end up with criminal convictions. Back then, it was just seen as pranks or harmless fun.

Id advise that she records their visit, and gets in touch herself with Victim Support, these well-meaning nutters sound rather dangerous. If they are that concerned they should have approached social services instead of using the bible as an excuse to do some meddling in affairs that have nothing to do with them.

Whilst l agree l don't think its a social service issue. They are concerned as she is not married, well separated but he does not live there, and the kids not having a male role model is really normal for some households.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Go back to the police, if they insist on refusing to do anything about it, inform them that a complaint will be sent to the IPCC.

Harassment is defined as any course of action that causes distress. A religious fanatic constantly visiting and making unwanted advances would certainly consitute harassment in my opinion.

I will do l am drafting something for her just the points. She can use this when going back to the police.

I think that you should call the police again and also write to them lodging a formal complaint.

Address it to the Chief Inspector, Administration at your local station.

Record any further visits on a phone or video camera.

Also, you could try telephoning Jehovah's Witness and lodging a complaint and asking for some protection - http://www.jw.org/en/

Thanks for this BF

I am looking into finding out where her local one is so it can be properly named

wld think that the formal trespass letter/notice shld do it if they come back again. as mikey mentioned.

if they come back again, then the police will (should) have to act, as they would then further be formally trespassing, and subject to action/damages.

as for them 'watching', then yes, poss harassment/stalking. that cld also be mentioned in the letter? and be a matter for the police.

IMO

:-):rant:

As they have stated they have been watching her and stated who is coming and going to her property this may also be classed as Stalking.

Keep a a written record of everything and also inform the Police and you may have to insist and remind them they are stalking you and refer them to this CPS link:

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/stalking_and_harassment/

This PDF may also be of use:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I have also heard its classed as a crash and ur meant to exchange insurance or even give them your insurance details

Thank you really sane lady.

I am stuck as she is covered by 2 meeting places so going to give her both

wld think that the formal trespass letter/notice shld do it if they come back again. as mikey mentioned.

if they come back again, then the police will (should) have to act, as they would then further be formally trespassing, and subject to action/damages.

as for them 'watching', then yes, poss harassment/stalking. that cld also be mentioned in the letter? and be a matter for the police.

The bible/religious nutters or charity beggars tend to ignore them round where l live. I have a notice on my door than says l don't want certain things but they still knock. I billed one charity who passed my complaint onto the people who are locally employed to do there door to door work and got a lovely letter saying they will no longer call. have not had a charity door knock since.

The religious ones ignored it and after being told to bugger off enough times they got the message. The police done nothing but advised theycould speak to them reminding them that some people don't want them going to the door but not mention any one specific