Prepayment meters and Scottish Power

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last few posts have been un approved as they offer nothing to this thread.

Please refrain from bashing each other. It is not needed nor wanted on a generally friendly forum

I was attacked for no reason so I fought back. I was just defending muself against an unprovoked and nasty

attack.

complain to CEO and then the ombudsman. SP have been causgh out telling lies to the ombudsman in the past so dont accept the first word on this matter where the ombudsman believes everything the power co tell them.

Since I last posted on this issue, things have become even more confusing.

I spent nearly an hour talking to SP over the phone.

They decided that I didn't actually owe them any money and would amend my account accordingly.

I checked on their website and looked at my closed account.

Sure enough my final acount showed that they had amended the account and I owed them no money at all.

Great I thought.

Then a few days after I receive a letter stating that I still owe them the money !!

I keep a close monthly check of my credit record via Noddle.

It will be interesting to see what turns up on my credit report in the near future.

Well to make things even more confusing,

this morning Scottish Power sent me two cheques in the post.

Each cheque is for £3.88, one for electricity and the other for gas.

This is madness because they can't possibly owe me money because I am a prepayment customer.

Even more confusing, I

can still acccess my on-line acount with Scottish Power using my old user name and password.

The account shows as closed from November 2015 which is correct.

However the account states a next billing date in March 2016.

How can they have a billing date for a prepayment customer whose account was closed back in November

2015?

Prepayment customers don't get bills, they pay as they go in cash via a card and key.

No wonder I am confused.

• 2 weeks later...

azzadle

I have just sent you a private message, would you read it please :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well to make things even more confusing,

this morning Scottish Power sent me two cheques in the post.

Each cheque is for £3.88, one for electricity and the other for gas.

This is madness because they can't possibly owe me money because I am a prepayment customer.

Even more confusing, I

can still acccess my on-line acount with Scottish Power using my old user name and password.

The account shows as closed from November 2015 which is correct.

However the account states a next billing date in March 2016.

How can they have a billing date for a prepayment customer whose account was closed back in November

2015?

Prepayment customers don't get bills, they pay as they go in cash via a card and key.

No wonder I am confused.

I'd hazard a guess that you will be able to access your account for a good few years after it's closure, incase you need copy statements etc.

Re the letter they sent after you spoke to them, this was probably set to go out from a printing house in advance, so I'd ignore that.

With regards to the bill date, accounts are usually set to produce a bill/statement every quarter or every 6 months - it's likely their web site isn't advanced enough to pick up the fact that the account is closed so nothing should be produced...

In relation to the cheques - it is possible to build up a credit on a prepayment account, if for example prices change and the meter isn't set to show this, or if you had been paying a debt and this didn't stop.

Hope this helps

I'd hazard a guess that you will be able to access your account for a good few years after it's closure, incase you need copy statements etc.

Re the letter they sent after you spoke to them, this was probably set to go out from a printing house in advance, so I'd ignore that.

With regards to the bill date, accounts are usually set to produce a bill/statement every quarter or every 6 months - it's likely their web site isn't advanced enough to pick up the fact that the account is closed so nothing should be produced...

In relation to the cheques - it is possible to build up a credit on a prepayment account, if for example prices change and the meter isn't set to show this, or if you had been paying a debt and this didn't stop.

Hope this helps

Thanks nottslad, your post is very helpful and probably explains how this came about.